What is your average subscriber gain vs subscriber loss per month?

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
wow some of you have impressive sub count gains per month keep up the great work! and thanks for helping me see why people unsub too :)

Reactions: HaiKaiKan

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I gain around 2-6 subs a day. I don't really lose that many (I don't want to come across as big headed). I did lose 3 subs today though. I think people unsubscribe for multiple reasons and/or deleted/banned accounts. I used to get really het up by it, and in fact there's a post on here by me not too many months ago about it. Now it doesn't bother me too much because of the brilliant community of people I have that support me. If I unsubscribe from a channel it's normally because I've subscribed to too many and I have to prioritise my feed lol, it's rarely personal, just who I watch the most vs the least.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
This year, I averaged 2,802 gained and 538 lost per month, for a net growth of 2,264.
I never look at or notice when people unsubscribe unless asked to for threads like this. I've never paid attention to it.
I only subscribe to a channel when I want to be notified as soon as they put another video out because I enjoy watching them. I unsubscribe when I no longer look forward to new videos by them. I'm subscribed to 22 channels.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I gain about 100-130 a month depending on how many times I up. Analytics says I've lost 150 in a year so it's like 10-15 a month but I've never noticed

Also, and this is very important, each video gets as many or more views than subscribers. If I had 1400 dreads subs and 70 active ones, I'd just give up

DanAwesomeStuff

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think a really common reason for losing subs among smaller channels like mine is that there is a lot of similar size channels who go down sub4sub routes or "love this video. subbed. check out my channel" etc etc etc and then when you dont reply and they realise that you don't do sub4sub they unsubscribe.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think a really common reason for losing subs among smaller channels like mine is that there is a lot of similar size channels who go down sub4sub routes or "love this video. subbed. check out my channel" etc etc etc and then when you dont reply and they realise that you don't do sub4sub they unsubscribe.
Literally had someone do this 2 days ago. Kept on commenting on a few of my videos saying 'nice video, check out my channel. I subscribed so subscribe to me back' I don't like being told what to do so I blocked them lol. I'm now waiting for them to unsubscribe.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Literally had someone do this 2 days ago. Kept on commenting on a few of my videos saying 'nice video, check out my channel. I subscribed so subscribe to me back' I don't like being told what to do so I blocked them lol. I'm now waiting for them to unsubscribe.
It's hard but just keep it up with quality videos and you'll have so many views that subs lost won't matter

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
lol just needed to reply to this, i uploaded a video earlier today, and EVERY single comment i have had so far has just been great video, cool video, lovely. I deleted most of them apart from one commenter i recognise, i know they didn't try and promote themselves on my channel or anything, i do however sometimes get those too but i just delete them, but man that's annoying, and you know full well they don't even watch the video so thats your audience retention down, i normally only get one or two of those comments but today it's been every single comment on the video it drives me insane! aahaha

Michael Lunatic

Cosplay Videos|Comedy|Unboxings
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
I only really get subscribers now if I visit a local comic con and meet people directly.

So even with advertisement on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram: 0 Growth.
New YouTube Content: 0-1 Growth. Very Rare for me lately.
Comic-Con apearences: 5+ a time.

When I loose a Subscriber I get really Upset and my wife asks me what's wrong and it feels like I've lost a friend for life.

I usually unsubscribe.. I
Umm.. Can't remember when I last unsubscribed to anyone... Maybe a few years ago.