What is your advertising technique

NerdzSquared

Super Poster
Reaction score
Hello all

Promoting your channel, and getting your name out there is very important. I am wondering how you do it. I am doing a bit of research.

What steps do you take to get your videos known?

DeantheDinosauce

Cartoonist/Animator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
A few things I've done:

1. I logged into my channel that has almost 2,500 subscribers and I Liked & Favourited in the hopes that some people will look at it

2. Put the video on the featured box on my other channel with 2.5k subs

3. Post it here in the Videos section

4. Go onto my account with the most friends (My 2.5k account) and mass message the video to a bunch of people

5. Put it on my blog

6. I wait a few days and then on this account (DTDs) I put a message out on my subs feed just in case they missed it.

There's nothing really more you can do.

You could go out into the middle of your town and shout "HEY, I DO STUFF ON YOUTUBE @ ---, COME SUBSCRIBE TO ME" - Take balls. :)

NerdzSquared

Super Poster
Reaction score
A few things I've done:

1. I logged into my channel that has almost 2,500 subscribers and I Liked & Favourited in the hopes that some people will look at it

2. Put the video on the featured box on my other channel with 2.5k subs

3. Post it here in the Videos section

4. Go onto my account with the most friends (My 2.5k account) and mass message the video to a bunch of people

5. Put it on my blog

6. I wait a few days and then on this account (DTDs) I put a message out on my subs feed just in case they missed it.

There's nothing really more you can do.

You could go out into the middle of your town and shout "HEY, I DO STUFF ON YOUTUBE @ ---, COME SUBSCRIBE TO ME" - Take balls. :)
I was watching your videos, and was wondering: Is that you talking in them? Cause it sounds like some kind of ad clip. Or those informational videos. Its very good.
Maybe consider doing voice overs.
Thanks for that.. I am just trying to see everyone's different perspectives on promoting their channel..

I think if you held up a sign as well as did a funny dance in the town -- people might subscribe:)

DeantheDinosauce

Cartoonist/Animator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I was watching your videos, and was wondering: Is that you talking in them? Cause it sounds like some kind of ad clip. Or those informational videos. Its very good.
Maybe consider doing voice overs.
Thanks for that.. I am just trying to see everyone's different perspectives on promoting their channel..

I think if you held up a sign as well as did a funny dance in the town -- people might subscribe:)
Yep, it's all me. There's no team. Thanks for the compliment :)

When I get a better mic, hopefully it'll improve a bit. I do genuinely think that getting a friend, giving him your camera and going through town with a sign shouting about your channel would get you a few viewers. Sounds like the type of thing that would go viral, sort of like the Free Hugs thing.

redneckcomputergeak

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Well lets see

I am on 12 different facebook groups that have to do with stuff on my channel and i post new videos to them.

I am raising a giant redtail catfish (they grow to 4ft plus) and found a site dedicated to big fish and started a video and photo thread about it. I update it once a weak and that gets me 300 views a weak easy.

I have found other people that do stuff like what i do on youtube and i only comment when i have something truly relevant to say this gets there attention and thus gets you attention.

NerdzSquared

Super Poster
Reaction score
Yep, it's all me. There's no team. Thanks for the compliment :)

When I get a better mic, hopefully it'll improve a bit. I do genuinely think that getting a friend, giving him your camera and going through town with a sign shouting about your channel would get you a few viewers. Sounds like the type of thing that would go viral, sort of like the Free Hugs thing.
Sheez, well good luck. And the graphics that go with it. Is it all you as well?
We are actually looking to have an intro video made. A video which has cartoons and a short scene.
Would you be able to help..?

And some stupid pranks. you then have a recipe for a viral video

Wilad

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I like to parachute into large events with my channel URL printed across my naked body. :angel:

Reactions: Michael

mattv2099

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have each of my youtube accounts like, favorite and add my newest video to a shitload of play lists. And have each account watch each new vid 10-2o times.

Send video to all contacts.

Find a bigger youtube channel and submit my latest vids as a video response.

Post vid to my blog

Put vid in my yttalk signiature

Post video to twitter, tumblr, facebook.

Share vid from channel facebook to my personal facebook and several friends Facebook.

Post 2 vids per day to 9gag (even if its the same vid as pervious day)

Post vid to multiple reddits over span of a few days

Post vid in a thread on relavant forums I read and contribute to.

Optimize title, description, tags and closed captions so my video ends up related to targeted videos.

There's more but I'm forgetting...

Reactions: Michael

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Have each of my youtube accounts like, favorite and add my newest video to a shitload of play lists. And have each account watch each new vid 10-2o times.

Send video to all contacts.

Find a bigger youtube channel and submit my latest vids as a video response.

Post vid to my blog

Put vid in my yttalk signiature

Post video to twitter, tumblr, facebook.

Share vid from channel facebook to my personal facebook and several friends Facebook.

Post 2 vids per day to 9gag (even if its the same vid as pervious day)

Post vid to multiple reddits over span of a few days

Post vid in a thread on relavant forums I read and contribute to.

Optimize title, description, tags and closed captions so my video ends up related to targeted videos.

There's more but I'm forgetting...

Do you get a lot of criticism when posting to 9gag?