Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I have no clue.

Votes: 36 60.0%

• Total voters

CubiCraft

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i don't think the order matters, but a great way to test your tags is by typing them in search engines and youtube.
Im a beginning channel and already have 2 of my video's on the first page with certain tags that really match the video content.
you'll see green numbers appearing next to your tags saying what position that tag is in when searched. tags that don't get numbers after weeks and weeks can be removed and replaced by other tags that might work better.
If you really want to learn about tagging,, do a google search on the subject, there is loads of free info on the net on this :)

All i can say is that it takes up a lot of time to fine tune it.
Well, at least, it does for me :p

Best of luck

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i don't think the order matters, but a great way to test your tags is by typing them in search engines and youtube.
Im a beginning channel and already have 2 of my video's on the first page with certain tags that really match the video content.
you'll see green numbers appearing next to your tags saying what position that tag is in when searched. tags that don't get numbers after weeks and weeks can be removed and replaced by other tags that might work better.
If you really want to learn about tagging,, do a google search on the subject, there is loads of free info on the net on this :)

All i can say is that it takes up a lot of time to fine tune it.
Well, at least, it does for me :p

Best of luck
Thanks for the tip

Reactions: CubiCraft

The How To Scholar

Reaction score
Thanks for the question. Can you compare the views numbers to your last 90 days? I believe we go back 90 days when showing that values but would have to double check...[DOUBLEPOST=1486923098][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi Phil,

I only started my account in December and the Tube Buddy best time predictor is showing me 21 013 views when I add up each day of the week. YouTube is showing me 3529 from a few days ago, and when I add the views up myself I see 3602. I wish that it was 21 013 like TubeBuddy shows and now it makes me sad that I don't have that many views... haha. I love the tool, but I'm not sure why it's showing me this and it's almost frustrating to a certain point.

Thanks for looking into it,

Matt (The How-To Scholar)[DOUBLEPOST=1487392939,1487392167][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for the question. Can you compare the views numbers to your last 90 days? I believe we go back 90 days when showing that values but would have to double check...[DOUBLEPOST=1486923098][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hi again, Phil, essentially what I'm wondering is: does the program I'm paying for (TubeBuddy) show me accurate numbers/views and if it does, why doesn't YouTube?!

Thanks,

Matt

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Will it be worth it to buy a monthly subscription of TubeBuddy? or will it be better for me to just use the free version?

I am thinking of getting the paid version because of the tags that will be available then?

Your responses are appreciated!

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Until you have about 200 videos or upload daily, I'd say the free version will be fine. You get the tag rankings and a few other perks but the paid features won't help so much for the money it's worth until your uploading or updating intensively.

However if you're making 6 figures, go for it. As it's not that much money for a rich person!

GBeeTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I pay for it and absolutely love the features. Certainly helps with SEO

ZakDTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
To me that is a weird app, In the free version it doesn't really do anything for me but my videos are daily news so my tags are changing all the time. Does anyone subscribe that can give us a full rundown on features that open with subscription and if they are worth anything?

Loery Potpie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
Not sure what the benefits of it are, but I use the free version and it works well, especially with finding the right keywords.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I installed TubeBuddy yesterday. I upgraded to the $9/month to fully open the tag help. (Otherwise you get top 3 only)
I thought my tagging was OK previously but this showed me many more tags that I didn't think of. Tubebuddy suggested some additional trending tags to add and also rearranging my trending tags in order was a nice feature.
I also like the feature which showed me top trending global videos and showed me when/how many I have in the top 20 for that topic.
One particular I have 5 videos in the top 20 videos in the world for that topic.. which is nice.
Hoping it helps my even further going forward.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is using phrases works better in SEO tagging than a single word? Like in my case if i use "Peppa Pig" tube buddy will tell me that it is not a good keyword to use because its very competitive. So usually i make tags in phrases like "Peppa pig driving a red car" and check tube buddy for ots rank. Most high ranking tags are in phrases, so is that means tagging in phrase are better?

Also tubbuddy is making my browser so slow is that normal?