What is this let's play youtuber talking about?

Acktomy

Reaction score
This is what was said in one of his/her recent video.

"Back in 2015...I had a troll who put through some copyright strikes on my channel and actually shutted my channel down. It was 19 copyright strikes all across my F Fantasy videos. I don't know how he managed to get away with it back then."

Does the youtuber mean a hacker who hacked into the channel and inserted some copyright strikes alarm or an average user who abused the "Infringes my rights" report option?

If the 2nd one, does this kind of trick still work in modern youtube?

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
The kind of 'trick' isn't a trick if you have the know how you can file false copy right claims very easily and push them through.

No i'm not going to tell you how.

Acktomy

Reaction score
The kind of 'trick' isn't a trick if you have the know how you can file false copy right claims very easily and push them through.

No i'm not going to tell you how.
You mean it still works today and youtube still hasn't done anything about it?

Then you can at least tell us how one can prevent this from happening to his channel and how to contact youtube to let them know that it was a false copy right claims if it does happen.

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You mean it still works today and youtube still hasn't done anything about it?

Then you can at least tell us how one can prevent this from happening to his channel and how to contact youtube to let them know that it was a false copy right claims if it does happen.
if you receive a claim you can file a report next to the claim, this will give all the info you need to remove the claim.

Acktomy

Reaction score
if you receive a claim you can file a report next to the claim, this will give all the info you need to remove the claim.
Will this still work if your channel was already shutted down due to 3 strikes already?

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Will this still work if your channel was already shutted down due to 3 strikes already?
Yes, you always have the chance to appeal. youtube doesn't outright delete your channel they will shut down everything you can do with it aside from filing responses to claims and the like.

Reactions: Acktomy

Acktomy

Reaction score
Yes, you always have the chance to appeal. youtube doesn't outright delete your channel they will shut down everything you can do with it aside from filing responses to claims and the like.
Okay. Thanks for all the info.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the copyright / legal forum. :)

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Anyone can do it again, but now when you receive 3 or more strikes, you are given 7 days to get below 3 (or at least have counter notifications forwarded on them). At the end of the 7 days, if you still have at least 3 strikes that haven't had counter notifications reviewed and sent to the claimant, then your channel goes down. During the time that you have 3 or more strikes, you can no longer upload videos.

It's not so much that YouTube hasn't fixed it yet, as the law says they have to since DMCA takedown requests are a legal process.

Reactions: Acktomy