What is the Formula 1 use of videos for commentary and analysis on YouTube (copyright opinion)?

amrohegazy

Reaction score
I’d like to start a YouTube channel to focus on Formula 1 races, results, analysis and opinions. And for that I may use some racing videos/scenes. I know how FOM are strict when it comes to copyright. but is there any way I can use some race videos and images without losing my YouTube channel?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Honestly, I think you'd be making life very difficult for yourself by choosing F1 as a topic. F1 will come after you if/when you get big so you'd be better off making videos on something you can create original content for. :)

amrohegazy

Reaction score
Honestly, I think you'd be making life very difficult for yourself by choosing F1 as a topic. F1 will come after you if/when you get big so you'd be better off making videos on something you can create original content for. :)
Thanks Crown, I'm planning to minimize using F1's original scenes, something like a 10 seconds max when it's necessary that I need to show some mistake a driver did or some action happened between some drivers. I did some research and I saw a dude on youtube explaning a strategy by using smaller frame of the scene while commentary on it. I'm not sure if this can be a good idea.