What is the best way to grow a gaming channel

GillysGames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree with TheElectricRunner, you shouldn't do Minecraft until you reach a few subs, I didn't start mine till last week and that was when i reached 450. and I'm still getting overshadowed, so i would hold back on Minecraft and when you do make a Minecraft video, try to do something different like RPG Mods or Millenaire, something which gives you the option or more mobs and quests, that way your doing something new each video rather than just mining and chopping down trees for the majority of the time. A lot of people like strategies games so look into them. Another way to make it a better channel all together is to make it look professional, doesn't matter how many subs you have, people are more likely to stick around your channel when they see a professional background and videos. If you cant make a background and your serious about making videos (for entertainment purposes and not just for the money) then i will gladly make you a background, i have made a couple myself so i will send you a couple of my designs? But the main thing here is to be Professional, Original & Have a range of different games to Record.

nethervvoid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Agree. If you do minecraft definitely do a niche part like a specific, popular mod. Then do some tutorials on that mod, etc. I've been at this awhile now and have some decent success, and the real key to growing a small gaming channel is doing games that are NOT popular with the big channels like yogscast. Those channels clog up the first 15 pages of any game's youtube search, which almost guarantees nobody will see your videos no matter how good they are.

apebighead

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys I'm going to start a new series later this week

KaroshioGames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I play Minecraft myself and am new to YouTube myself but one thing that kind of bothered me is the video Title. It feels a little spammy(That may be the wrong word to use)? Maybe I am just picky with Titles but maybe it's something to consider. In terms of YouTube SEO your Title is also not going to help rank you at all as I looked at your channel and most are simply EpisodeTitleHere | Ep.NumberHere and do not actually include the word Minecraft.

Best of luck!