What is the best way to get rid of sub 4 subbers?

Ruslana Ness

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Arc Flash - thank you for your understanding, i think that it is important to talk about this subject and on the disadvantage so other people will learn from our mistakes,
i didn't know how much bad sub4sub is until i learned it by myself

Aaron Geyer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Arc Flash - thank you for your understanding, i think that it is important to talk about this subject and on the disadvantage so other people will learn from our mistakes,
i didn't know how much bad sub4sub is until i learned it by myself
Ruslana I knew that sub4sub was bad to begin with but wanted to test the waters to see if I could find someway to make it work. The problem as you said most subbies just watch for 10 - 30 seconds and type "cool video". I was able to analyze my watch time data to determine which subbies watched my entire videos or almost the whole thing. I found that approximately 2 - 5% actually beat my global view retention time. I tried weeding out the bad ones but I found most subbies don't unsubscribe even after direct messaging them. I concluded that it is best not to play with snakes.

The only thing I can do now is hide/delete their comments and block them from making more comments. I'm also going through all the comments I've ever posted on their videos and removing them.

sub4sub is a lot of work and you end up just shooting yourself in the foot. It's better to invest the time educating yourself and making better videos.

Ruslana Ness

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Ruslana I knew that sub4sub was bad to begin with but wanted to test the waters to see if I could find someway to make it work. The problem as you said most subbies just watch for 10 - 30 seconds and type "cool video". I was able to analyze my watch time data to determine which subbies watched my entire videos or almost the whole thing. I found that approximately 2 - 5% actually beat my global view retention time. I tried weeding out the bad ones but I found most subbies don't unsubscribe even after direct messaging them. I concluded that it is best not to play with snakes.

The only thing I can do now is hide/delete their comments and block them from making more comments. I'm also going through all the comments I've ever posted on their videos and removing them.

sub4sub is a lot of work and you end up just shooting yourself in the foot. It's better to invest the time educating yourself and making better videos.
thank you for sharing
so what do you think is the best solution for this case?
opening a new channel or keeping the current one?
i'm torn

Aaron Geyer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi Ruslana,

I guess it depends on how much you like your own channel. I took a quick peek. I'd say keep it. Your channel is from November 2016. You can market yourself as a 1st generation YouTuber if you want. BTW, both of our channels are older than PewDiePie's (This could work for or against us but I doubt most people care one way or another). Your view counts look good. I'd say just focus 100% of your energy on your existing channel.

Ruslana, if I were you I'd block all your former subbies. That should give YouTube an indication that you don't really want those subs (blocking used to force the unsubscribe). Delete your comments that you made on all your former subbies videos. Make sure you are not buying views. YouTube is not stupid and it is easy for them to tell. It looks like you are using TubeBuddy so make sure you have good metadata.

Just go for it.

Cheers!

Reactions: Ruslana Ness

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Maybe there is no reason deleting and starting over, it is like a wall that needs repair in a house.
You do not take down the whole building, either you do not move to another city!
(well except you are a criminal I guess! ...hahaha!)
Remember that going from scratch again requires,
new channel art and structure,
100 subscriber limit to get custom url
and so many other things that you already have achieve (well... the one way or another...)

Hope this helps you to stay motivated and boost your existing channel.
if you are not sure you want it and you like it,
why on earth should anyone visit or subscribe? :) :p

Reactions: Ruslana Ness

Babygames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
This thread made me start an account. I just started a new channel and had never done the sub4sub thing. Two weeks ago, a channel with 0 subs left a comment on mine, they are now at about 150 subs. I was seriously considering doing sub4sub. Thanks for the warning!
I looked back at their channel and literally every comment was from another youtube channel.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I was seriously considering doing sub4sub. Thanks for the warning!
Glad you stumbled upon this thread! Sub4sub might indeed seem appealing, but it really won't help you in the future. Growing an organic audience is slow and painful, but it is the way to go :) Good luck with your growth!

Reactions: Babygames

Babygames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Glad you stumbled upon this thread! Sub4sub might indeed seem appealing, but it really won't help you in the future. Growing an organic audience is slow and painful, but it is the way to go :) Good luck with your growth!
Thank you! You too :)

Juke Joint Gaming

Reaction score
I posted a similar question to this whole entire thread a few days ago on here. Sub for sub and I just watched your video will you watch mine is very annoying and I was not sure what to do about the issue. After reading this thread I just went back and deleted the past 4 weeks of sub for sub. I've been uploading for 6 months. Really don't have the patience or the free time to go back over the full 6 months and do it.

My theory is this. When you post on someone elses Youtube channel and you should write something that shows them you actually watched the video and ask an engaging question. Get the owner to communicate back with you then in turn they usually will come to your channel. I came to this conclusion because that is what made me go look at others who were posting something similar on mine.

I only have 144 subs and that number will drop since I just unsubbed from everyone I did sub for sub with but i dont care. The reason I started a Youtube channel was not to do sub for sub. I'd rather grow slow and it be a real fan base versus something thats fake and no one is watching any videos just posting hey i liked now come check mine out.