What is the best way for me to collaborate?

The Maker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello YTtalk,

I have never collaborated so far on youtube, or cross promoted anyone, and I was wondering what you guys think are good steps to take in that direction. I am trying to learn the ropes. I am on about 10 engineering forums that relate to my specific videos, but the people on those forums are disconnected to my actual youtube channel because I embed the videos in posts. I have a lot of good conversations with them, but it does not translate over to my comment section. What is the best way to get more domestic, if you will, engagement? collaboration in youtube strikes me as a good way. What do you guys think?

Dr. Creepster

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Collaborations seems to be a good way to get fast views. But a question that comes to my mind is: How? Your video only shows the results of your work (which is quite impressive, especially for a fifth grader), so how would you collaborate with anybody?
Have you thought about filming while you build the things? And then speeding it up, so we could see the entire creation? That would be neat!
All the best
- Dr. Creepster

Loery Potpie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
There is a collaboration thread where people offer to collaborate. However, if they haven't the same kind of videos that you have, it might not work that well. Otherwise it is just looking for other youtubers who make similar videos like you. Start conversations with them, watch their videos, comment on them. Try to build relationships with them and then ask them to make a video together. The best way to collaborate is not by making just one video but actually help each other by sharing each others videos and so on. The best way is to find youtubers with a similar amount of subs like you, but its not impossible to work with bigger channels. I have collaborated with someone who has 200.000 subs. The only thing was that he had very different videos then mine, but people are open minded for it. Al you need to do is ask.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You could ask on this forum, if any people want to collaborate with you!

The Maker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Collaborations seems to be a good way to get fast views. But a question that comes to my mind is: How? Your video only shows the results of your work (which is quite impressive, especially for a fifth grader), so how would you collaborate with anybody?
Have you thought about filming while you build the things? And then speeding it up, so we could see the entire creation? That would be neat!
All the best
- Dr. Creepster
This video is a time-lapse of me building a K'NEX Roller Coaster
"K'NEX Roller Coaster Construction Time Lapse - Fushigi (HD)"

BerserkB

Reaction score
what everyone said above tbh, we have a separate thread if you're looking to collab