What Is Royalty Free Music

Shehzad

The Brown Fudge
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The exact definition for Royalty Music is "a type of music licensing that allows the purchaser to pay for the music license only once and to use the music for as long as desired." Now I need to explain that most of Royalty Free Music websites will give you a free licence if you credit their website in your videos. However you need to be careful and read Royalty Music Website FAQ's and their licencing because some of them will make you pay for that licence so that you can use it forever. Some websites will also tell you the correct way to credit their videos as some prefer it in the video description when others prefer it as an annotation on the video. Hope this clears things up because a lot of people think that Royalty Free Music means that it's just simply free music that I can download without any repercussions.

For the moment I have been using Incompetech.com to get all my free music from.

JackAttackGame

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You should ALWAYS make sure that it's royalty free music! I once asked someone to use their song for an outro and they agreed to it, only for them to try to file a copyright strike against me! Luckily I still had the email with the conversation and youtube removed the strike. Make sure that whatever site you're visiting for royalty free music is part of Creative Common license or you might run into the same problem that I did!

Shehzad

The Brown Fudge
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You should ALWAYS make sure that it's royalty free music! I once asked someone to use their song for an outro and they agreed to it, only for them to try to file a copyright strike against me! Luckily I still had the email with the conversation and youtube removed the strike. Make sure that whatever site you're visiting for royalty free music is part of Creative Common license or you might run into the same problem that I did!
Yh keeping evidence with you is good since you stay a step ahead of them if they try to be an *******.