What is essential for your channel and how?

Moses Minchuk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have started my channel and now have 2 videos uploaded but I want to learn what is important for my channel and how?

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dunno.

I usually just cry and whatever crying noises sound the best makes it into the final video.

No idea why i'm almost at 200 subs.

Reactions: CoolMoo5

FoldingNotes

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Commentator, Animator
Based on my experience, I will have to say tag your videos properly with a few phrases, create eye catching thumbnails, verify your YouTube partnership, write a meaningful description, and help the other people on this forum.

And buy a website domain for your channel; in case you go viral no one is going to take advantage of you.

Reactions: CoolMoo5

CoolMoo5

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
And buy a website domain for your channel; in case you go viral no one is going to take advantage of you.
And would add to that get the same usernames of simply your channel name (if possible) for all of the most popular social media sites, even if you don't plan on using them right away. That way when you do decide to use instagram, or snapchat or whatever you don't have to worry about someone stole your username.

Also it is kind of annoying and unprofessional when a YouTuber has million different usernames.
Rookie mistake!! Avoid it if you can.

(fake NOT REAL) example, which is better:
This:
  • Facebook: Coooolmoo5
  • Twitter: Cool_Moo5_
  • Instagram: TheCoolMoo5
  • Vine: Cool5Moo
  • Snapchat: CoolMooSnaps
Or This:
  • Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Vine/Snapchat: CoolMoo5
But if you going to have million different usernames for all your social media accounts, link them correctly. For some reason, I always click the links in the description and if they don't work that is my biggest pet peeve. DON'T PUT WRONG LINKS IN YOUR DESCRIPTION OF VIDEOS OR ANYWHERE! ugh. If you do end changing your twitter name later on (as it seems tons of youtubers tend to) go back and link to the correct one. Always double check spelling in links, you won't believe how many people spell their own username wrong!!

Sorry for the rant, but this is just something I feel very strongly about and don't know why.

Reactions: FoldingNotes

FoldingNotes

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Commentator, Animator
And would add to that get the same usernames of simply your channel name (if possible) for all of the most popular social media sites, even if you don't plan on using them right away. That way when you do decide to use instagram, or snapchat or whatever you don't have to worry about someone stole your username.

Also it is kind of annoying and unprofessional when a YouTuber has million different usernames.
Rookie mistake!! Avoid it if you can.

(fake NOT REAL) example, which is better:
This:
  • Facebook: Coooolmoo5
  • Twitter: Cool_Moo5_
  • Instagram: TheCoolMoo5
  • Vine: Cool5Moo
  • Snapchat: CoolMooSnaps
Or This:
  • Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Vine/Snapchat: CoolMoo5
But if you going to have million different usernames for all your social media accounts, link them correctly. For some reason, I always click the links in the description and if they don't work that is my biggest pet peeve. DON'T PUT WRONG LINKS IN YOUR DESCRIPTION OF VIDEOS OR ANYWHERE! ugh. If you do end changing your twitter name later on (as it seems tons of youtubers tend to) go back and link to the correct one. Always double check spelling in links, you won't believe how many people spell their own username wrong!!

Sorry for the rant, but this is just something I feel very strongly about and don't know why.
That was one huge reason why I ended my old brand name. It was actually too long with too many variations.

WilliamRayWalters

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have started my channel and now have 2 videos uploaded but I want to learn what is important for my channel and how?
I know you didn't really ask for a review, but you have to clear up the audio issues and make sure the audio matches the video (talking about the first video, so maybe you have completely cleared that up already). Also, you should smile more. You seem so serious in the one video and almost every single successful Youtuber (tech/review Youtubers included) always seem to have a positive disposition. In your profile picture you look like someone just slept with girlfriend and you want to find him and punish him. There is so much competition for almost every genre now that one of your biggest assets is your personality, so you have to sell that. If being positive and happy and stuff isn't really your personality, then you're not going to have a good time on youtube (unless you go completely in the other direction and be the 'angry tech review guy'. That would be pretty funny actually, but I'd guess it's already being done).

Concentrate on video quality moving forward and that includes your ideas and the technical quality. And Jesus Christ, that intro on the look back video was like 35 seconds too long, even if you were showing the phone the whole time.

Sorry if I turned it into more of a review, it kind of tied in with your question though on how to proceed going forward. Good luck with your channel!

Moses Minchuk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know you didn't really ask for a review, but you have to clear up the audio issues and make sure the audio matches the video (talking about the first video, so maybe you have completely cleared that up already). Also, you should smile more. You seem so serious in the one video and almost every single successful Youtuber (tech/review Youtubers included) always seem to have a positive disposition. In your profile picture you look like someone just slept with girlfriend and you want to find him and punish him. There is so much competition for almost every genre now that one of your biggest assets is your personality, so you have to sell that. If being positive and happy and stuff isn't really your personality, then you're not going to have a good time on youtube (unless you go completely in the other direction and be the 'angry tech review guy'. That would be pretty funny actually, but I'd guess it's already being done).

Concentrate on video quality moving forward and that includes your ideas and the technical quality. And Jesus Christ, that intro on the look back video was like 35 seconds too long, even if you were showing the phone the whole time.

Sorry if I turned it into more of a review, it kind of tied in with your question though on how to proceed going forward. Good luck with your channel!
Thanks for the info. I created that intro long on purpose since I felt like it would add some quality to the video. With that profile picture I kind of like it though and it was one of my favorite pictures that I took from my phone with the Optimus G Pro wouldn't always do. Lol, it's nice that you gave me an idea I really appreciate it. Lol, that would be pretty funny if I was doing a angry unboxing with fake beard since my name is Moses which is from the Bible.

WilliamRayWalters

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Lol, that would be pretty funny if I was doing a angry unboxing with fake beard since my name is Moses which is from the Bible.
Nah, grow out a real one. Then in ten or fifteen years you can make those videos haha. And yeah, the profile picture isn't really a big deal, but you should try to be more personable during the videos. I think it would be to your advantage to do so. Just my opinion though, I could be wrong.

Moses Minchuk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nah, grow out a real one. Then in ten or fifteen years you can make those videos haha. And yeah, the profile picture isn't really a big deal, but you should try to be more personable during the videos. I think it would be to your advantage to do so. Just my opinion though, I could be wrong.
Yea I was just reading the 10 commandements for Youtube and they said if the video is more personable then the viewers will actually feel like they know you so thats probably something I will try. This has nothing to do with this but when I looked at your channel I noticed one video that was called how to see through clothes and I remembered I watched that like when I was in 4th or 5th grade but now I'm a freshman in highschool.