What is considered a view?

TDPresents

I've Got It
Reaction score
I know once you reach 301+ doesn't it have to be like a unique user and it has to be over 30 seconds or something? But what if the video is say.. 10minutes long? What if the video is 30seconds long? Then what is considered a view?
Thanks!

Miketastic

The Journeystickman
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
Depends how much people watched your video(s) once you reach the 300view mark. The more (real/different) people the more noticeable for youtube to update your video page for the current views. I don't think the length of the video have nothing to do with the view update. I think it's when the "view is consider a view" is when the video has been completely watched from start to finish from someone (other then you.)

TDPresents

I've Got It
Reaction score
Depends how much people watched your video(s) once you reach the 300view mark. The more (real/different) people the more noticeable for youtube to update your video page for the current views. I don't think the length of the video have nothing to do with the view update. I think it's when the "view is consider a view" is when the video has been completely watched from start to finish from someone (other then you.)
So if a video is 10seconds long isn't it easier to get views than say a 10minute video?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'm pretty sure the video doesn't have to be seen from start to end for it to count as a view. If that was the case, there'd be no audience retention statistic.

karlsanada10

Monthly Video Game Giveaway on my channel now!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It is considered a view even though the person ,who watched your just video, just watched partial of it. It's considered as a view.

Reactions: Crown