What is a healthy views/subscriber ratio?

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
The headline says it all. What's everyone's take inns good view/ sub ratio? In my own channel I noticed I have about 1400 views in al and 14 subs. It only caught my eye because it's 100:1. Easy math
I also noticed a post here recently of a channel with 800000 subs and 800 million views. That's 1000:1 and easy math too.

If I see someone with 1000 subs and 1000 views then I think somethings up. But also a channel with 10 subs and a million views tells me they might have a one off hit or somethings just not keeping them around.

So what would be a ratio that shows things are going well for a channel?

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Depends on how fast they get views is what I think and from my observations(I have a habit of dividing views to subs when I go to people's channel... I'm sorry...:spin:). Also depends on type of channel. Like, channels catered for small kids have the worse view to sub ratio because kids are click friendly and never subscribe.

The most common would be a range of 1 sub to every 100-200 views. The ones that get views very slow(0-50 views a day) may get 1 sub every 50-100 views(mostly because of their niche). This is only an estimation tho, again, it varies from channel to channel.

Of course, if the videos on the channel are exceptionally good and of top quality, they'd grow faster both in terms of views and subscribers (mostly due to shares from a lot of people).

Also, just saying, people tend to not subscribe to channels that hide their sub count(not sure why) and there are people out there that like to be one of the first that subscribe(especially if they like your content) so that they can brag that they subscribed early if you ever get big lol.

GamingwithNick

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am at 475 Subs and 44,000 Views total. (92:1) So we have that in common it looks like. Honestly it is a tough way to judge your statistics until you have more views/subs to go off of.

Gaijillionaire

Reaction score
Channel Type
nick, yes i know. but thanks to guys like you, and others who post we can compare and see if theres a correlation. so far with just us there is. the only problem is when someone takes off there may be people who watch from a website often and never sub, or multiple views form one person, so the gap gets bigger but it isn't actually.[DOUBLEPOST=1458799493,1458799244][/DOUBLEPOST]nick, yes i know. but thanks to guys like you, and others who post we can compare and see if theres a correlation. so far with just us there is. the only problem is when someone takes off there may be people who watch from a website often and never sub, or multiple views form one person, so the gap gets bigger but it isn't actually.

GamingwithNick

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah that makes sense. I wish you the best!

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Currently I have around 230 subs and almost 23,000 views. I don't promote my channel.

Gaijillionaire

Reaction score
Channel Type
Currently I have around 230 subs and almost 23,000 views. I don't promote my channel.
look at that! also 100 to 1! might be onto something

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think i am 400 to 500 total views per subscriber. But i am kids toy category.

I do look at the view/subscriber ratio when i look at comparable channels who are fairly new compared to me, but have more subscribers. So i can see what theyre doing right and what im doing wrong. Some get 5 to 30 views per subscriber. In their case they have pretty low views in relation to subscriber count.

I think a good number of their subscribers might be from other kid toy channels. Theres probably over half million kid toy channels out there. And i have noticed a lot of them are fairly new and do a lot of youtube social interaction with each other to grow subscribers.

Subbing with new or smaller toy channels is a quick and easier way to grow your sub count but it doesnt translate into more views. Most of them dont really watch your videos and so it can lower your retention rate. I try to interact with people in a normal way. But some of them comment a little too frequently. in real life strangers dont make comments to you on everything you do every single day. They can get a bit spammy. I have a hard time goin into the spam folder to respond to people.

Anyways just something ive observed in regards to varying view/sub ratios.

Reactions: Kesler's Dad

Gaijillionaire

Reaction score
Channel Type
Im keeping my subs to channels i like but that doesn't mean i won't like a new commenters channel!

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Mine works out as
1:285 - 1 sub for every 285 views.
and just in case my terrible maths shows, and I've worked it out wrong, here's the figures:
Subs - 65,821 views - 18,792,781

I do animation, and so videos are posted very slowly, but with high views.