What if someone kills himmself over your video?

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
What if in your video you said "Go Drive Drunk" And someone watched your video. Got in their car Drunk and drove. Should the person on YouTube who suggested it be charged with DUI? NOOO so why should the YouTuber be at fault if anyone killed themselves because you said so.

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
Although I don't think you are responsible that might do little to ease your guilt. This just shows how aware you have to be about the impact you can have on your audience.

Reactions: offbeatbryce

Niels Cornelissen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I don't know much about laws and all. But I do know that I would feel really bad if I found out someone killed him/herself because I said so. It won't happen tho; I avoid saying "go kill yourself" because I find it a very offensive thing to say.

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah..... I'm almost half way into the video editing, but it's turning out to be a little too dark. The first part is about euphoria, and what happiness is. The second part is supposed to be about depression. But it's really about ungrateful, toxic people, and inciting them to kill themselves (only as a means to make them have some insight) in a really strong "mindfuk" kind of vibe... But some moron might go and hurt himself. I think I'll give this one a pass.

Reactions: Lekjih and EVO

Xaegoba

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Suppose in your video you tell someone "kill yourself", and the dumb455 goes and does it. Are you liable?
I think the shame of knowing someone killed themselves because of you is terrible enough. I don't think the law can help but your self conscious Will be torn apart and so will your will to upload.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I hope you are not thinking of doing such a thing. Using negativity to gain traction is part of the reason why YouTube is what it is.

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Wouldn't really feel regret to be honest. But even then, I can see that it wouldn't be a very moral thing to do.