What if nobody clicks on ad

Hit Style

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to youtube. I want to ask that what happens your video has million reviews but nobody clicked on ad? Will you get any money through adsense or you won't earn a single penny?

Balthazaar

Scourge of Mankind
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You earn money through ad views as well, as long as people watch up to 30 seconds (I believe) and don't skip the ad, or use an adblocker.

mr.jacks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
from my understanding they don't have to click the ad they just have to watch it but the problem is not all will count bc alot of ppl have adblocker which means that they won't see any ads so you won't get anything from those who use it.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you get a million views you will have many clicks. Budget on around 2% est 20'000 clicks. (Remember that not all views will have an ad showed)

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They don't have to click on ads, you get paid per impression. You even get paid when people skip the ad.

ScienceIsFun

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ad impressions make money - pre-roll ads (especially the unskippable ones) and display ads all make money, as ultimately that leads to publicity and awareness to the advertising brand - and they pay for that too :)

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've seen the majority of the answers disagreeing; advertisers only pay when viewers have watched the whole ad, and not skipping it.

So which is which?

Clam-

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
People need to learn the difference between CPV and CPC ads - one pays per view, other pays per click (or so called CPA, click-per-action ads). There are both type of those ads on YouTube and as far as I know, there are actually way more CPV ones. So you can still earn money even if nobody ever clicks on ads shown on your video.