What I think everyone needs to understand

cboxhero

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Good branding is not cheap. If you want good graphics for cheap, then I guess you're just not going to get anything good, sorry.

If you look at any large youtubers, with even 50k subs or above, they ALL pay for their branding. And they pay well. If they're not paying, they're doing it themselves.
A PROFESSIONAL logo can go for upwards to 500 dollars. None of y'all are looking for a professional logo, so stop asking for one.

A lot of people on here need to either realize they're going to get straight up dog doodoo for anything under $10 or they need to dedicate several hours of their day doing it themselves. Graphic Design isn't easy. There is a reason people spend $75k+ going to school for several years to get a degree for it.

If someone makes graphic design look easy, it's because they've been doing it for a LOOOONG time, and they actually know what looks good, and they know exactly what they need to do. I'm gonna go ahead and assume 99% of the people here don't. So please, pay your designers. They are helping you a LOT more than you think. Branding is the absolute first thing people see, so if you want something that's going to catch someone's eye and keep them on your page long enough to actually enjoy your content, then pay for it.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Being a graphic designer myself, who has been doing small projects around for big companies, people don't know how hard it is to try and please the customer and also spending 4 years studying, learning and creating. They don't know how hard it is to plan out something as simple as people think it is, it is not. They can ask for a simple design but it is not simple to do! Just like drawing is not so easy to do :/

Aaron Mendoza

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree i respect graphic designers, but alot of huge youtubers blew up with bad graphics a few years back, and since they grown they have a free ride for graphics because Anyone wants recognition by a big youtuber. Also YOUTUBE MONEY has came in and now they can pay for graphics when they are already grown... It's unfair to people who can't pay for it and haven't grow if they worked very hard... This just goes both ways. But i do Agree in paying for graphics.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Creative professional here and can confirm. I hate when people ask for my services and then when I give them my pricing (My cheapest service is $1600) they try to bargain for custom deals. Sorry, doesn't work like that. I've been doing this for years and do it professionally from 9-5 every day. My work is good, and it isn't cheap.

kevanbh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Another challenge that the modern designer faces is the competition from a global economy. While it may be a very reasonable price in wealthier countries for a $500 logo some designers can do well with only a $25 payday. You just have to recognize that each type of designer is going to come with negatives and positives. If they can speak your native tongue well then your communication should work out much better. If you are paying super cheap then they probably won't understand your vision and won't be able to spend more than a few hours (if that) on your project.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I got a quote from someone in the US for $200 to rebrand my channel.
Had a quote for the same from someone in the Philippines for $30. I went with them and was very happy with the result.

Reactions: Brandzor

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Exactly!! People really underestimate the hard work for graphic design or even just art in general. I know someone who does commissions of digital art and she works on one picture for like 5 hours but people say $25 is too expensive. THATS LESS THAN IF YOU WERE WORKING A MINIMUM WAGE JOB for the same hours. Bless you for finally saying it lol

cboxhero

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I got a quote from someone in the US for $200 to rebrand my channel.
Had a quote for the same from someone in the Philippines for $30. I went with them and was very happy with the result.
Good for you to continue the harsh environment that designers are in right now. Want to know something awesome about that 30 dollar branding you got? They already had it. It's all cookie cutter stuff. If that's really what you're looking for, just save your money and do it yourself. The person that created your branding got MAYBE 5 dollars or less, and that's if the person that created your graphics even works there. (They probably stole it off of google.)[DOUBLEPOST=1486177937,1486177755][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree i respect graphic designers, but alot of huge youtubers blew up with bad graphics a few years back, and since they grown they have a free ride for graphics because Anyone wants recognition by a big youtuber. Also YOUTUBE MONEY has came in and now they can pay for graphics when they are already grown... It's unfair to people who can't pay for it and haven't grow if they worked very hard... This just goes both ways. But i do Agree in paying for graphics.
It actually is fair. You don't deserve a service if you can't pay for it. You're not going to go to the movies if you can't pay for a ticket. You're not going to buy a new game if you can't afford it. If you don't have money for branding, no one SHOULD do it for you.

Aaron Mendoza

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good for you to continue the harsh environment that designers are in right now. Want to know something awesome about that 30 dollar branding you got? They already had it. It's all cookie cutter stuff. If that's really what you're looking for, just save your money and do it yourself. The person that created your branding got MAYBE 5 dollars or less, and that's if the person that created your graphics even works there. (They probably stole it off of google.)[DOUBLEPOST=1486177937,1486177755][/DOUBLEPOST]
It actually is fair. You don't deserve a service if you can't pay for it. You're not going to go to the movies if you can't pay for a ticket. You're not going to buy a new game if you can't afford it. If you don't have money for branding, no one SHOULD do it for you.
If that's the case then Templates wouldn't exist. Logos and Revamps. There are some people who are better than expensive Graphic Designers and do it so cheap, or free sometimes. This is also why free graphics is a thing.

cboxhero

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If that's the case then Templates wouldn't exist. Logos and Revamps. There are some people who are better than expensive Graphic Designers and do it so cheap, or free sometimes. This is also why free graphics is a thing.
LOL okay dude. I'm just not even going to argue.