What I have to reply to Company Ask for Review!

iMADTech

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi there,

My Tech channel is about 10,000 subscribers, a company reached me out asking to review one of their software

Off course they will give me a free serial number to do the review, but based on your experience guys is that enough or do I ask for a profits?? my channel is very active

I used to do a review for a company when I was 3k Sub and they provided a serial and promo code.. so I see now I'm almost 10K and deserve more than a serial!

What do you think guys I'm new to there things and need your advise!

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I wouldn't expect anymore than the product to review tbh, they've already shall we say "invested" in you by giving you a product, so I doubt they would pay you, I haven't really heard of companies paying big YouTubers, otherwise it would come off as desperate (paying for reviews).

Reactions: iMADTech

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I agree that they should be providing more than just a review copy of the software. I mean obv you need that anyway to be able to do the review. If I were you, I'd reply back to them and ask what they are offering for your time and the exposure to your audience?

iMADTech

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I agree that they should be providing more than just a review copy of the software. I mean obv you need that anyway to be able to do the review. If I were you, I'd reply back to them and ask what they are offering for your time and the exposure to your audience?
Thanks Crown, this what I exactly meant because I don't really want that software so it's wont benefit me anything for doing the tutorial.

I'll reply to them asking for what they are offering!

Cheers[DOUBLEPOST=1488514183,1488512251][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks Crown, this what I exactly meant because I don't really want that software so it's wont benefit me anything for doing the tutorial.

I'll reply to them asking for what they are offering!

Cheers
They Just replied and offered me 20$ for doing the tutorial! I don't have idea about the pricing compare to my 10k youtube channel so I think it's good to accept isn't it?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
They Just replied and offered me 20$ for doing the tutorial! I don't have idea about the pricing compare to my 10k youtube channel so I think it's good to accept isn't it?

Your sub count doesn't come into it. It's the number of views that the video will probably get that determines the price.

$20 ? Only you can decide if you think that's a good deal. How much do you value your time? Will making that video hurt your reputation in any way? Try to think of the bigger long term picture when deciding. Will that $20 make any difference in your life?! Personally, if it were me, I wouldn't do it for $20. I think that's way too low for a whole video that will be decicated to their product. Good luck whatever you decide.

Reactions: Clam- and iMADTech

iMADTech

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Your sub count doesn't come into it. It's the number of views that the video will probably get that determines the price.

$20 ? Only you can decide if you think that's a good deal. How much do you value your time? Will making that video hurt your reputation in any way? Try to think of the bigger long term picture when deciding. Will that $20 make any difference in your life?! Personally, if it were me, I wouldn't do it for $20. I think that's way too low for a whole video that will be decicated to their product. Good luck whatever you decide.

Thanks Crown your advise is really appreciated, and as you said 20$ worth nothing compare to the effort will spend on making this video
Cheers bud

Reactions: Crown

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Maybe i missed it, but what is the value of the software and is it something you want/can use?
I've only done a few reviews.. the first one was for a set of LED lights that were only worth about $25 but I really wanted them (too lazy to buy them myself) and the other was for a $150 heavy-duty off-road vehicle jack that i wanted (so i approached the company); for me the product alone was worth the time.

iMADTech

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Maybe i missed it, but what is the value of the software and is it something you want/can use?
I've only done a few reviews.. the first one was for a set of LED lights that were only worth about $25 but I really wanted them (too lazy to buy them myself) and the other was for a $150 heavy-duty off-road vehicle jack that i wanted (so i approached the company); for me the product alone was worth the time.
The software worth 45$ but actually I wont use it that much
Thanks for sharing mate

Maksim

Reaction score
Are you trying to make a profit or actually do a good deed for your subscribers?

If making money, sure, ask for money, but at that point it is no longer reviewing software and pitching it. That is what they will expect.

If you want to do a good deed for your network, take their software, review it, thank them. Use it as a stepping stone. And make sure you disclose any compensation.