What has been your hardest struggle lately?

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I procrastinate and get easily distracted, thus wasting a lot of time.

My videos require some decent research, most if not all on the internet. This leads to me falling victim to the recommended video syndrome and I cannot stop watching random videos when I should be working on a video. This has caused the past four videos of mine to be off schedule, it hurts my soul a little every time.

I'm curious to know whats been giving you struggles and how you've been dealing with them.

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

Dino

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Thumbnails. I've been working on a channel with a friend, and it's difficult to come up with a consistent design that looks good :(

Reactions: Quick Question

Quick Question

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thumbnails. I've been working on a channel with a friend, and it's difficult to come up with a consistent design that looks good :(
Ah, yeah that stumped me for some time as well and I am still trying to change things up to see what works best. I've mostly opted for the simple, unrevealing thumbnails that hopefully spark curiosity. Thanks for sharing Dino, good luck!

Lasersgo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Same! Trying to come up with interesting/eye catching thumbnails is a struggle.

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
For me, I just think it's morale to keep uploading. I have to be like one of the most unlucky people of 2017. I started a relationship on New Year's, only to have it end in heartbreak a couple weeks later. Soon after the adpocalypse happens and the whole Wall Street Journal vs YouTube incident, and because I don't make family friendly vanilla content, my average views went down by half and sub count slowed tremendously. And then my equipment breaks, and being the poor sap I am, I can't afford to replace it, and then immediately the day after, my legal guardian kicks me out of the house because of financial trouble, and my neglectful parents refused to take me back (they actually kicked me out the year before because I was having suicidal thoughts and went through treatment), so I was in legal custody of a judge. I was supposed to be in foster care, but because I got kicked out on a weekend when they weren't working, I instead got sent to live in a rehabilitation type shelter for a week filled with violent people of criminal records. In fact, one person even broke a coffee mug just to use the shards as a make-shift weapon. And you couldn't use technology there, either. It was a prison-like environment. I went to court and my parents decided to take me back, and I eventually did get money for new equipment, but I was so emotionally drained to keep up a schedule. And then I started a new relationship. That one lasted for a couple months. Except they told me they had to call it off because they weren't comfortable with long distance. And now fast forward to this month, I'm turning 18 in 2 days, parents are gonna kick me out, and I'm moving into an apartment with a mentally unstable and overworked adult who told me their word is law and if I don't follow it, I can't live there. So it's like, I love uploading. I have so much fun doing videos. And it makes me happy having something up for the day. But I can never really maintain a stable upload schedule. And I tend to delete a lot of the videos I record, too, if I seem unhappy in them. I'm a comedian, so it's like, I want to keep up this funny atmosphere. ...Jesus Christ. I don't know how I ended up ranting about all this. xD

Reactions: nad

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Honestly finding the time to do it. Plus, over time, my channel has kinda become a one-man show... so it's tougher to find the time to do everything when it's all on you. Sometimes I kinda give myself a bit of a break, but I do enjoy working on the videos, whenever I have time. But it was easier when I had others to bounce off of and also film their own parts, do their own lines, and whatnot.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
The real struggle is to think about ideas that People are really interested to watch. Sometimes I make video randomly and it doesn't really work the way i wanted to be (even after putting right tags). Sometimes I have feelings in my heart that I wanna share, that kind of video gets lot of attention. So I always struggle to seek what my heart really wants to speak to camera :)

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Consistency. I don't know if a video we upload is going to get 20k views or 2 million. Mostly it's been the low end lately!

Quick Question

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me, I just think it's morale to keep uploading. I have to be like one of the most unlucky people of 2017. I started a relationship on New Year's, only to have it end in heartbreak a couple weeks later. Soon after the adpocalypse happens and the whole Wall Street Journal vs YouTube incident, and because I don't make family friendly vanilla content, my average views went down by half and sub count slowed tremendously. And then my equipment breaks, and being the poor sap I am, I can't afford to replace it, and then immediately the day after, my legal guardian kicks me out of the house because of financial trouble, and my neglectful parents refused to take me back (they actually kicked me out the year before because I was having suicidal thoughts and went through treatment), so I was in legal custody of a judge. I was supposed to be in foster care, but because I got kicked out on a weekend when they weren't working, I instead got sent to live in a rehabilitation type shelter for a week filled with violent people of criminal records. In fact, one person even broke a coffee mug just to use the shards as a make-shift weapon. And you couldn't use technology there, either. It was a prison-like environment. I went to court and my parents decided to take me back, and I eventually did get money for new equipment, but I was so emotionally drained to keep up a schedule. And then I started a new relationship. That one lasted for a couple months. Except they told me they had to call it off because they weren't comfortable with long distance. And now fast forward to this month, I'm turning 18 in 2 days, parents are gonna kick me out, and I'm moving into an apartment with a mentally unstable and overworked adult who told me their word is law and if I don't follow it, I can't live there. So it's like, I love uploading. I have so much fun doing videos. And it makes me happy having something up for the day. But I can never really maintain a stable upload schedule. And I tend to delete a lot of the videos I record, too, if I seem unhappy in them. I'm a comedian, so it's like, I want to keep up this funny atmosphere. ...Jesus Christ. I don't know how I ended up ranting about all this. xD
Wow Dewmonic I applaud you for your conviction to still prioritize videos even going through all that and then still dealing with it today. I hope it all works out in the end for you. Just keep working hard but know your limits. I know you don't want to stop or delay making vids on your channel but I would take a break and get your ideal environment for creating down. Seems like where you are now is affecting you negatively and in turn affecting your videos. Good luck man, stay positive.

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

MikeSchimm

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
For me it's views and motivation. I know everyone says you shouldn't do it for the views, but because you love it. Which I absolutely love making YouTube videos. It's just when you put so much effort into making videos, and tying to do that consistently with 2 videos a week, with little to no pay off, it's a little demotivating. For me at least.