what happens when you reach 100 Subscribers and 1000

swizz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
apparently youtube begins to rank your videos when reaching 100? is this true bros..

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
As far as I've heard yes.. but I don't know if I'm able to confirm this. I just recently went over 100, and 2000 views..

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
No, there isn't a magic number where your videos start ranking better. It *is* however true that it gets easier at 100 subscribers, and at 1000 subscribers.. but it also gets easier at 99, and 101, and 143, and so on. With every additional subscriber you have (assuming they're real subscribers and not dead subscribers/sub4subs), that's more traffic driven to your videos. More traffic driven to your videos in those first 24-48 hours of release mean you have a higher chance of ranking for your chosen keywords that you decided to target.

So as you grow, it will speed up. To put it in perspective just how this snowballs as you get bigger, the time it took me to go from 10,000 to 15,000 subscribers was about the same time as it took me to go from 0 subscribers to 46 subscribers (actual stats that I checked in my analytics).

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Just to add to @JesusGreen, momentum also plays a big factor on whether things will get easier or not. If you're not active for a very long time or your uploading things your viewers don't like, your subs will forget about your channel. So your actual sub count doesn't really say much.

Reactions: JesusGreen

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Absolutely nothing... I have passed 100 and 1000 and recently 4000 and did not notice a change at all (note, it took me years to get where I am, I am not a success story in terms of numbers).

Reactions: Hulio

We Are Magikarp

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I don't know about YouTube search algorithms related to sub count or anything, but channels with less than 100 subs (or 1000) look less attractive in some way. Let's say that, next to the banner and the profile pic, the subscriber count is also quite a "lure" if it's over 100 or 1000

Reactions: Lekjih

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Other than the custom URL at 100, nothing special happens. You might have a better advantage if all subscribers watch a new video in full day one, but that's on you.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
When I hit 100 I started to gain traction, and get slightly more views and my subscriber growth increased. I probably get anything from 2-10 subscribers a day right now. Might be down to the algorithm doing something, I have no idea haha

KaitlinSmith39

Reaction score
Idk the algorithm is messed up but it kinda works. I just made my channel and need help with content and subs/views.

Qwikstreet

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Closing in on 100 subs so I guess I will find out. I imagine the only way I can tell is keeping an eye on my TubeBuddy keyword rankings and if they start to improve then there may be some truth to myth.