What Happens When You Don't Upload Videos Regularly?

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Wow! Definitely risky but worth it.

Jack Swish

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You will struggle in terms of ranking until you prove to YouTube that you constantly upload as this shows you are engaging viewers. Plus your sub count will drop and will harm you in a longer run as if someone clicks on your channel and sees you posted a new video 1 day ago and the last one before that was 3 months- why should they invest in subscribing as you might just stop again!

Bentura Madrid

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I used to post once per week but I think i've been having more traffic since I decided to post 2 x per week. I'm sure that increasing your posting frequency must play into YouTubes algorithm somehow. I think it might be because with frequent posts, YouTube sees it as more relevant?! Just a thought... Hope thats helps somehow :0)

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I haven't uploaded anything in 25 days, but all the older videos still get the same average number of views as always. And the newest video did come down from 6000 views on yeh first day, slowly, to about 200 a day now, but it's expected. I don't think it kills a channel

FaceDisgrace

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As someone who took at 3 month sabbatical, numbers stop coming in and usually people start to unsubscribe unless they genuinely care about you. Plus when you come back, its hard to get the ball rolling again, so you have to weigh up your sanity vs the numbers :')
That's pretty much exactly what happened to me. Stupid work keeping me busy lol

Reactions: EmilyJM

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think most of the time it's broke your engagement with your viewers.Cause you don't upload regularly you don't have a fixed schedule for your channel.But your subscribers always expect something new from you.So I thing if you don't upload regularly or if you don't have a channel schedule you broke the engagement with your viewers & may you lose some subs.

AaliyahF

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
what I would say from my own personal experience is that when u don´t upload for a long time numbers will be almost the same if we talk about subscribers, but new videos after you come back will receive less views and engagement.

xsstreem

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Once you realize youtube is a full time job and there's just too much competition it's not worth missing out on life. Even as an animator youtube wants me to upload daily to stay in the top ranking that's physically impossible but youtube's algorithm does not care about you.

So I only do youtube as a hobby now there may be months between uploads.

A gaming channel is even worse I've tried (very briefly) you'll be busting your a** trying to record edit and upload 2-3 daily videos just to get maybe 10-12 views max on each it's very draining. If you're trying to do gaming full time you're probably neglecting other things in your life like health, friends, family, girlfriend(most gamers probably don't have one lol) etc.

Heck I couldn't even enjoy playing the game anymore because I was so worried about how the video will look on youtube I didn't want people watching me wasting time fumbling around trying to figure things out.
Bottomline Youtube is either a hobby or a full time job.

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Once you realize youtube is a full time job and there's just too much competition it's not worth missing out on life. Even as an animator youtube wants me to upload daily to stay in the top ranking that's physically impossible but youtube's algorithm does not care about you.

So I only do youtube as a hobby now there may be months between uploads.

A gaming channel is even worse I've tried (very briefly) you'll be busting your a** trying to record edit and upload 2-3 daily videos just to get maybe 10-12 views max on each it's very draining. If you're trying to do gaming full time you're probably neglecting other things in your life like health, friends, family, girlfriend(most gamers probably don't have one lol) etc.

Heck I couldn't even enjoy playing the game anymore because I was so worried about how the video will look on youtube I didn't want people watching me wasting time fumbling around trying to figure things out.
Bottomline Youtube is either a hobby or a full time job.
If you go into YouTube with the sole interest of making it your job, you won't succeed.

If you don't enjoy doing YouTube, then you shouldn't be doing YouTube. I pretty much match your description of gaming videos ("upload daily videos just to get maybe 10-12 views max"), but I do it because I enjoy it, and I enjoy talking to other small YouTubers. This is a really cynical view on being a content creator, especially "It's not worth missing out on life." - Granted, people who pump out 3 videos a day to be greeted with a total of 50 views maybe need to wake up, but having YouTube as an interest doesn't result in "missing out on life", dude.

:(

Reactions: FaceDisgrace

xsstreem

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
If you go into YouTube with the sole interest of making it your job, you won't succeed.
I never said I wanted to make a job. It simply becomes a full time job all its own. Who would be making youtube videos in the 1st place if they didn't want people to watch them. I quickly realized where you stand with the competition and if you want to stay on top you gotta bust your a** that's simply not a lifestyle for me anymore.