What Happens When You Don't Upload Videos Regularly?

pioneer1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi all,

From your personal experience what happens to your channel when you don't upload new videos for say a week / 2 weeks / a month. After you do this, does the channel stagnate or decline?

Would you say 1 or 2 uploads minimum a week will keep your channel growth healthy?

Thanks

Reactions: Sk Jony

DigitalTom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It all depends on what you're uploading. 1/2 a week for let's play channel may not be enough. You have to keep giving people more. When it's stuff like music, science etc. then I guess 1/2 a week is enough since people watch it out of curiosity and not cuz they want to stay for more and build a community.

chipmunk gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say even tho i'm new to youtube that depends on what type of channel you have if ppl love your videos most likely they are gonna want as many videos from you as possible on the other hand some ppl like really well edited videos so they don't mind waiting.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have several channels and it seems that whilst I am posting / the numbers build. If I stop then the numbers just bumble around where you left it.
I have channels that are 2 years old with no new contant but still pull in the same numbers as it always did..

EmilyJM

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As someone who took at 3 month sabbatical, numbers stop coming in and usually people start to unsubscribe unless they genuinely care about you. Plus when you come back, its hard to get the ball rolling again, so you have to weigh up your sanity vs the numbers :')

pioneer1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have several channels and it seems that whilst I am posting / the numbers build. If I stop then the numbers just bumble around where you left it.
I have channels that are 2 years old with no new contant but still pull in the same numbers as it always did..
Thanks, Interesting indeed. So a channel grow as you post new videos.

As someone who took at 3 month sabbatical, numbers stop coming in and usually people start to unsubscribe unless they genuinely care about you. Plus when you come back, its hard to get the ball rolling again, so you have to weigh up your sanity vs the numbers :')
So the best is to keep you foot on the pedal and keep uploading regularly :)

Reactions: EmilyJM

Worldofpossible

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all,

From your personal experience what happens to your channel when you don't upload new videos for say a week / 2 weeks / a month. After you do this, does the channel stagnate or decline?

Would you say 1 or 2 uploads minimum a week will keep your channel growth healthy?

Thanks
hmmmmm not sure but I found it best to make a balance between quality and quanity. Try not to become one of those clickbait channels that produce worthless content. The Gta V Community has god awful amount of them.

StraightUpIrish

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It depends on what type of content. Games and vlogs would be more frequent then movie or animation channels :) put it that way!One or two uploads a week would be good for my channel because so much work goes into one video for me :)

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yup, channels tend to go a bit stagnant when they stop uploading. It can take a while, especially with smaller channels, to see the growth stoppage, but it's pretty predictable behavior in channels that stop uploading.

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just took a month off because my laptop crashed, and i couldnt edit anything. I did do a few video game live streams when i was gone. I only ended up losing a few followers. I think what helped me is i posted on twitter a lot updating my subs and followers about whats going on, and once i came back i gave them a "channel update video" so they know what to expect going forward.