What happens to copyright videos after Partnership?

CarterSupplyCo

Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking about apply to the youtube partnership /monetization. Currently, I have a few videos that use other people's music.
If I joint the partnership or monetization will I be forced to take those videos down or will they remain and will I just simply not gain revenue from them?

Thank you.

thedino

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You can't enter Network when you have copyright video

CarterSupplyCo

Reaction score
You can't enter Network when you have copyright video
are my only options to change the songs to one of youtube's generic free songs or to take down the video?

I don't mind to not make money off of my older videos but would like to generate revenue off of newer videos using non-copyright songs.

Last edited:

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Even for partnering directly with YouTube via Adsense, you need to have only material you have all the commercial rights for. So YouTube could disable your monetization for non-compliance with Partner Program Rules if you leave the videos with copyrighted material in them up.

If you want to partner, deleting the copyrighted material or replacing the music is your best bet.

thedino

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
are my only options to change the songs to one of youtube's generic free songs or to take down the video?

I don't mind to not make money off of my older videos but would like to generate revenue off of newer videos using non-copyright songs.
You can use free music for your video.

"I don't mind to not make money off of my older videos but would like to generate revenue off of newer videos using non-copyright songs."
There is no any network who accept 3rd-party video (video still stay in your channel and money tranfer to owner video). If you want to take part in Network you should delete it Else You can hold that video in you channel with Adsense