What happens if you get a strike after you get partnered?

alakazam

Dracula's hobbit
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Can someone tell me what happens if you get a copyright strike after you are partnered with a network? I'm not partnered yet, so I don't know...

IAppleCommericals

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You may get a notice from your network saying "You have a copyright strike" or etc. They may give you a waring , but also the network could terminate your partnership :( So be careful !

IAppleCommericals

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
"Has to"? Why does it "have to"? :-/ Are there any networks who don't?
No. Every network is the same with copyright. Because the network doesn't want/condone any of it's partners to have copyrighted content , if they let it slide they could be taken to court or it could lead to BIG legal matters, which is the last thing that they want !

alakazam

Dracula's hobbit
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Oh man... This is sooo confusing... I keep doing research and find out about all these big youtubers, like Ray William Johnson, Michael Buckley and I think even Shane Dawson who had copyright strikes and videos taken down at some point, and they were still partnered afterwards. They didn't have to wait for the strike to be lifted.

And if you were partnered with YouTube directly, not through a network, and you got a copyright strike, would you still be able to earn from your next videos, before the strike was lifted?

Orbit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
There's a difference between having videos taken down and having copyright strikes though

Reactions: IAppleCommericals

IAppleCommericals

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Oh man... This is sooo confusing... I keep doing research and find out about all these big youtubers, like Ray William Johnson, Michael Buckley and I think even Shane Dawson who had copyright strikes and videos taken down at some point, and they were still partnered afterwards. They didn't have to wait for the strike to be lifted.

And if you were partnered with YouTube directly, not through a network, and you got a copyright strike, would you still be able to earn from your next videos, before the strike was lifted?
Those type of youtubers are BIG & youtube/the networks works with them to help them remove those strikes (cause big youtubers are a money maker for youtube& their network. It's kinda unfair :(

If you're partnered with Youtube directly…. hmmm i think youtube will remove you from their partner program & you're stuck with the strike :(

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is what would happen if you did get one:
Email your network telling them that you got a copyright strike and explain the details to them, If you're lucky they might keep you on the network. I know ZoominTV do because that happened to me. You will have to wait 6 months for the copyright strike to expire I think. But most networks do release your channel when you get one.