What giveaways attract more people?

winson yuen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am about to reach my 10K milestone and it is a huge accomplishment for me. I want to show my appreciation and do multiple giveaways. What type of giveaways do youtubers do that attract a lot of people? And how can I do it in a way that I can earn subscribers? Thank you.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
The best way to reward is to not do it at all. It just brings in leeches who won't follow your channel. Go thru the comments to find the most common posters then privately offer them something

Reactions: winson yuen

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have heard many reports that giveaways only gain you people who want to enter your giveaways. If you are going to give something away, though, then you're going to have to give away things that are meaningful to your viewers. So things that tie into your channel's content and will be helpful and valuable to your viewers, and remind them of why they like your channel in the first place.

Noah Richardson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
If you're looking for subscribers to your channel, twitter, etc. gleam (dot) io is a great place to gain subs and followers. The people above me, however, are correct in the fact that the people who follow for giveaways follow for giveaways, not much else. It's an easy thing to subscribe, win, then unsubscribe.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Instead of a physical/monetary giveaway perhaps do a Q&A or more personal video as a reward to your closest followers.
Just being you is the best way of gaining new active subs.