What gets old, dead videos on the homepage?

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
So a video that old and was not performing somehow got moved to people’s home pages!

The video was getting less than 10 a day and now gets 1000!

So the question is how? Why? I guess that’s 2 questions but it’s a mystery. I know this post could get answers like SEO and thumbnails but that’s all been set from day 1 and never changed.

You could say it picked up speed from another video but views from sugggestions is still at almost nothing more than before. It’s all browse features for now

Now I know that YouTube wants to deliver videos people want so that they stay on longer and the watch time of this video after getting the boost is much much higher! It was at about 49% but since getting big views is at 70%! So that’s good of course in helping keep the tap running.

But could YouTube somehow figure out that hundreds of people would really like this video?

So has this happened to you? Who can decode this and help all our videos get new life?

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I
So a video that old and was not performing somehow got moved to people’s home pages!

The video was getting less than 10 a day and now gets 1000!

So the question is how? Why? I guess that’s 2 questions but it’s a mystery. I know this post could get answers like SEO and thumbnails but that’s all been set from day 1 and never changed.

You could say it picked up speed from another video but views from sugggestions is still at almost nothing more than before. It’s all browse features for now

Now I know that YouTube wants to deliver videos people want so that they stay on longer and the watch time of this video after getting the boost is much much higher! It was at about 49% but since getting big views is at 70%! So that’s good of course in helping keep the tap running.

But could YouTube somehow figure out that hundreds of people would really like this video?

So has this happened to you? Who can decode this and help all our videos get new life?
i had that happen with videos that are a year old and I have no idea why or how.

Reactions: Gaijillionaire

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Let’s just be happy when it does
I am! Those videos of mine rant usually get more views are the ones that youtube ends up recommending to people. Check your anytlitics maybe that’s what’s happening

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I am! Those videos of mine rant usually get more views are the ones that youtube ends up recommending to people. Check your anytlitics maybe that’s what’s happening
Yea I know about how the more something is watched the more it gets promoted but this just wasn’t. Oh well let it ride for now anyway

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have had the same many times. There is no ryhme or reason for it that I can understand. Now I just wait daily for the next time it happens.
If only someone could figure it. Id be a millionaire by this time next year!

Reactions: videoeditgr

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
iv had it happen as well, sometimes it just takes a while for youtube to figure out what exactly a video is about and who wants to watch it. once it picks up that a certain group of people like the video they will start presenting it to more and more people in that group and as long as it keeps preforming well it will keep going. at least that has been my experience with it.

Reactions: Gaijillionaire