What format does iPhones record in?

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Can someone please let me know what video file format are the videos that are recorded from my iPhone? :p

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other

James Doppler

Sir Trollingsworth the 7th
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
Not Apple..
It just seems like the option should be there. Most iPhone users I've known have Windows PCs. I guess people who like the iPhone interface but currently have Windows would be more likely to look at Macs the next time they upgrade, though.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
AFAIK, Windows PC's have no problem dealing with iPhone video.. But, i havn't dirtied my fingers on a Windows PC in years, so I could be wrong.

James Doppler

Sir Trollingsworth the 7th
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
AFAIK, Windows PC's have no problem dealing with iPhone video.. But, i havn't dirtied my fingers on a Windows PC in years, so I could be wrong.
I was thinking things like smart TVs and such sometimes play .mp4 off of thumb drives. YouTube also prefers h.264 mp4 files. Windows can play it, my point is most things other than computers prefer .mp4.

To be clear, I'm not knocking Apple, I was just surprised is all. All corporations do stuff that doesn't make sense. Microsoft is no exception to this, they've left me scratching my head plenty of times. Namely, everything after Windows 7.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
That surprised me. I mean I know it's an Apple format, but everything uses .mp4 these days.
I think apple has always preferred to use .mov but I never had a problem with it running on windows, even if I use mac I have move some .mov files to my windows and I am able to see them on Quicktime and WMP soooo yeah most things are .mp4 but .mov still works well

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the replies :D yeah the iphone videos work fine on my windows laptop but its Window Movie Maker that doesn't support the iphone videos that's the problem. :p