What exactly is monetization?

FusedFulkron

Reaction score
I know I'm not big enough to worry about this sort of stuff yet, but what exactly is monetization?

Is is like being a partner but without the thumbnails and custom channel?

Cheers

enzerutomoshibi

Evil Fairy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
Yeah, and I've already enabled and started using mine.
Personally, I don't think it matters how big of a youtuber you are when it comes to monitization.
You won't get paid until you have $100 but the sooner you start it the sooner you'll reach that point.
And you never know if something you do will go viral or not.

FusedFulkron

Reaction score
Yeah, and I've already enabled and started using mine.
Personally, I don't think it matters how big of a youtuber you are when it comes to monitization.
You won't get paid until you have $100 but the sooner you start it the sooner you'll reach that point.
And you never know if something you do will go viral or not.
Ok, i'll look further into it more just in case :p

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
Monetization is basically where you place ads next to your videos which then generates revenue (money), ones the money reaches or exceeds $100 it will get paid out to you!

Reactions: FusedFulkron

FusedFulkron

Reaction score
Monetization is basically where you place ads next to your videos which then generates revenue (money), ones the money reaches or exceeds $100 it will get paid out to you!
Do I have to actually find and place the ads?

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
Do I have to actually find and place the ads?
Well, I don't think you actually get to choose your ads, you just sign up with adsense and they put 'relevant' ads next to your videos...I'm with a YouTube network and I don't think I can choose my own ads but I have heard of Networks allowing you to choose your own ads...

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You just tell youtube that you want ads on your video, and voalia, they'll appear! At least I wish it was that easy, I've been having some adsense troubles lately. Anyways, it isn't partnership, so you don't get thumbnails or anything.

Grovertigo

Reaction score
is there any good reason not to have your videos monetized? what happens to monetized videos if you become a partner? I have heard of crazy things happening with adsense leading to things such as people having to start there channel all over again, whats the deal with that?