What exactly is counted as profanity?

niamhr9

Reaction score
So I obviously understand and words like f*ck/sh*t are counted as cursing, but what about pg13 words like a**/hell/crap etc..?

American's seem to think these are curse words but they're very tame in my country so they're part of my everyday vocabulary. Do I need to start bleeping them?
How does cursing affect a channel's chances of becoming monetizable?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the video monetization discussion forum. :)

vitofaber

I've Got It
Reaction score
you can use your vocabulary when youtube allowed you monotize, but in the first time, you should not..

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Creator insider channel has a video on this topic. Probably the best source for information on the topic

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I found it amusing that the Creator Insider vid really stressed that the beginning of the vid is the most important to keep 'clean'. In real life I swear like an old sailor, or an old cook... I am both ha ha. I try not to cuss too much in my vids, but lately I have been trying to be myself more, and it does come out pretty *#% regularly. Usually in the 2nd half of the vid, and so far nothing has been demonetized because of it.

vatiwah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Youtube should really be somewhat specific on what rules you break.. like if you got in trouble/demoentize for profanity or language. They need to put in time stamps and the word. Obviously, if someone manually reviews the video, then they should know what is the issue.