What exactly is a comedy vlog?

TimBarnumComedy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I saw someone post one on reddit and I watched it. It was basically a guy sitting there reading jokes he wrote. It was like one minute long and there were like five one-liners. The jokes weren't bad, but the video was pretty bland. Apparently it was stand up material. Is this common? I've mentioned several times I want to try vlogging, etc., but all in the name of comedy.

So what types of comedy vlogs are there out there? I don't know much about vlogs in general, so help me out!

George Raymond

Now a major part of Ayre...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would have thought that is was a video blog that made people laugh, like Toby turner (tobuscus) and his vlogs...

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
lol you werent watching my one liner man jokes were you? although its not a guy standing there its puppets and stuff but its along the same lines of thought I guess. Its an attempt at stand up comedy I would imagine. My jokes are on reddit lol (wonder if it was mine.. haha)

TimBarnumComedy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
lol you werent watching my one liner man jokes were you? although its not a guy standing there its puppets and stuff but its along the same lines of thought I guess. Its an attempt at stand up comedy I would imagine. My jokes are on reddit lol (wonder if it was mine.. haha)
No it wasn't with puppets. But that sounds pretty cool. This guy was doing celebrity news, and it sort of reminded me of the entertainment segments in my This Week in America videos.