LOCKED - Monetization at 10.000 views

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think you can apply before 10k too. If my memory serves me right...

kabayashy

Reaction score
THANK YOU,that was the answer i was looking for.Although i have to ask,how do i know if i am approved ? Will they send me an email?
You will receive an email. Or you can check by yourself in Creator Studio.

coratison

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
With youtube changing their system and only letting you monetize videos after you've reached 10k views on your channel I feel like it's harder to get ads on your videos
Do you have any advice on how to reach the 10 k?

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
It does seem like it takes forever to reach that 10,000 view requirement when you're a new channel. But a few things you could do can help bring in some more views on your videos.

1. Share your video on most free Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
2. Post up a channel trailer for newcomers.
3. Have engaging thumbnails. Throw some text in there sometimes, big and bold. It does help.
4. Being active on here helps bring traffic to your channel (if you choose to share it, some don't.)
5. Collaborations (working with others is great to help bring both audiences between both channels.)
6. Word of Mouth. (Tell your friends, family, etc. Get them curious to check out what you have created.)

At least these things come to mind when I'm working on getting a high production video seen by as many people as I can. Hope that helps. =]

Reactions: Quick Question

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In before the Mods lock this thread!

Make good content!

coratison

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
It does seem like it takes forever to reach that 10,000 view requirement when you're a new channel. But a few things you could do can help bring in some more views on your videos.

1. Share your video on most free Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
2. Post up a channel trailer for newcomers.
3. Have engaging thumbnails. Throw some text in there sometimes, big and bold. It does help.
4. Being active on here helps bring traffic to your channel (if you choose to share it, some don't.)
5. Collaborations (working with others is great to help bring both audiences between both channels.)
6. Word of Mouth. (Tell your friends, family, etc. Get them curious to check out what you have created.)

At least these things come to mind when I'm working on getting a high production video seen by as many people as I can. Hope that helps. =]
I will try these thanks for the answer :)

Reactions: Farley Productions

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Worry more about what you are making, if you were watching a random video that you found browsing youtube would you watch YOUR OWN video and stay. If that answer is no, or you feel like clicking away, chances are that's exactly what any other person would do. Make good content FIRST, then worry about EVERYTHING later. Let's say you have that, then now it's just spreading that video around, you can do this in three ways really.

1) Have good SEO (Search Engine Optimization) YouTube's algorithm for putting your video in searches and recommended videos, etc. Basically promoting without sending a single link to anyone.

2) Be active on forums, share your links on social meda. This will not guarantee people click on the video or even check out your channel, but if will give more OPPORTUNITIES for people to do such things therefore increasing your chances for more views.

3) Last is the most intensive and, for the receiving end, annoying but it has probably the best return because you get so in people's faces. That is sharing your link with friends, family, coworkers, students, strangers, anyone. This is usually not organic though, you want organic, because people are not watching your videos because they like them they are watching them because you are suggesting it to them. Still an effective way to acquire views though.

Good luck coratison! Have fun.

Reactions: Lock and Mr.Human

coratison

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Thank you for that advice, I feel like with youtube it can be easy to worry about numbers first sometimes, I will always ask myself from now on if I would want to watch the whole video I'm making or click away!

Hit Style

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have 11000 + lifetime views on my channel. My videos were monetized before 10k rule and I was earning money on them. After 6th April, 2017 no ads were shown on videos but now I've achieved 10k views. When ads will be shown on my channel videos? Do I have to follow any procedure?

Reactions: Marcello Riviera

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You should be able to place ad's on your videos once you pass 10k.

Status
Not open for further replies.