What does becoming a partner even do?

Leah Victoria

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm so confused about this. I don't know how it works, how you become one, or why you would want to. The only perk I know about is that you can change the video still picture, since you can now monetize without full partnership.

Thanks!
<3,
Leah

NaturalPortman

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
monetization is only effective if people actually click the ads on the side which doesn't happen very often unfortunately. When you get partnership you can turn on ads that play before your videos so you get money for basically how many views you get. Also youtube accepts people for partnership when they get an adequate amount of views / subs and abides to all the rules.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me I would want the full options so I could have a banner for YTtalk and perhaps have some long term presenters on there to help them grow as they host their series. I would want the thumbnails too but theyre meant to be getting released to those who can monetise soon so the only big benefit for me would be the banner and possibly the scheduling they now have which I reckon will end up being released to anyone who monetises soon enough.

The Beer Inspector

The Beer Inspector
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
monetization is only effective if people actually click the ads on the side which doesn't happen very often unfortunately. When you get partnership you can turn on ads that play before your videos so you get money for basically how many views you get. Also youtube accepts people for partnership when they get an adequate amount of views / subs and abides to all the rules.
Can't you already do this without being partnered?
I can.

Reactions: Vicboss

Vicboss

The Man who sold the world
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yeah same here! see, im starting to feel like being a partner isnt all its cracked up to be, i dont know
to my understanding a youtube partner ship you gain money for your views PLUS money from monetization ...without partnership you only make money off Monetization but i heard 5 bucks per 1000 views so you really have to build a following! might take a couple years but it's worth it! just make sure you have fun with the videos you do...partnership/money shouldn't be the sole purpose for making vids!

Reactions: NTWGRay

NaturalPortman

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The way I see it it's about being consistent, people who expect money will never "make" it.

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you become a partner through a network there a MANY benefits. I can do Lets Plays legally. You get banners on your channel and above your videos. You finally have someone to contact if you need help with anything (which is almost IMPOSSIBLE if you are trying to get help from YouTube) I got a giant library of music I can use in my videos. Your videos are in the recommended section WAY more since YouTube makes you part of the YouTube Partner promotion when you become a full partner. I have noticed my views have gone WAY up compared to when I wasn't a partner (on average). I can remove all my annotations or add annotations to all of my videos with one single click. No longer do you have to hope for someone to click your ads to make money on your video since it now forces you to watch the ad if you are a partner. So really you are getting paid per view instead of a click.

Trust me there are TONS of benefits when you become a partner. Its not like instant success or anything though but damn it sure makes a difference.

Reactions: Michael and Vicboss

Vicboss

The Man who sold the world
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you become a partner through a network there a MANY benefits. I can do Lets Plays legally. You get banners on your channel and above your videos. You finally have someone to contact if you need help with anything (which is almost IMPOSSIBLE if you are trying to get help from YouTube) I got a giant library of music I can use in my videos. Your videos are in the recommended section WAY more since YouTube makes you part of the YouTube Partner promotion when you become a full partner. I have noticed my views have gone WAY up compared to when I wasn't a partner (on average). I can remove all my annotations or add annotation to all of my videos with one single click. No longer do you have to hope for someone to click your ads to make money on your video since it now forces you to watch the ad if you are a partner. So really you are getting paid per view instead of a click.

Trust me there are TONS of benefits when you become a partner. Its not like instant success or anything though but damn it sure makes a difference.
nice i was wondering what a network partnership would be like but i never asked cause i figured people would be sworn to secrecy or something LOL

Reactions: Michael and NTWGRay