What do you use to Record?

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
Nice :) My mate just got a Nikon (not sure which one) but he says that its brilliant

Bosco

MLG Player | aoX | UnDefined | ReBirth |
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Happaugue HD PVR for capturing games. Camtasia 7 for capturing screen. :p

ViciousXUSMC

Master Viking
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
The larger majority of my material is lossless capture from the computer rather than image based capture from a camcorder or dslr.

The tool I use depends on the situation.

If its desktop capture for a tutorial or similar then I like Camtasia.

If it is game capture, the program I most prefer is PlayClaw as it has several options FRAPS does not have that are very handy. If I run into a compatibility issues with PlayClaw as its not as well established then I use FRAPS as a fallback.

For live streams I use XSplit, and I create VOD's via XSplit as well in lue of the for mentioned game capture programs.

If I need to take pictures for say a product review I use a Nikon D70

Video is done with a Samsung H205

Microphones: I have a Blue Yeti that does all my on computer recording, and I just got a Zoom H2N and a few mics to use for when I record with the camcorder.

Have a Shure SM58 to use for interview material, a Azden EX503 lapel mic for my standard commentary, and a HDTZ HT-81 shotgun mic for other situational recording.

Id love to get a DSLR for video like the Canon 60D or a better camcorder like the Canon M500 but budget restricts me from doing so, so I do the most I can with a limited budget and still get pretty professional results.

LeHenoy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I use the Panasonic Lumix FZ-150
and Fraps for the Screen

jake weber

Check out my Partnered Channel!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I use Canon Hfr20 for video and logic pro 9 for audio

MrSpeedyChicken

Speedy Chickens Don't Mess Around
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I Have To Agree With ViciousXUSMC Because PlawClaw Has More Settings Than Fraps. How Long Can PlayClaw Rec When Free?

Espen

Machinima Network Director and Youtube Partner
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
To record videos for Youtube I use the Hauppauge HD PVR along with the software for it. It records up to 1080p. And it's for recording console gaming. To make movies for competitions and such I use Canon 7D. Costs enough, but gives incredibly good results.

FlipRJ

YTTalk Ramen Knight
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Musician, Comedian
i use a Sony handycam to record my skits and stuff (has a wide angle lens cap which I think is cool). I use my built in webcam for some vlogs and some music stuff. I use a Blue Yeti for sound recording. Edit on Windows Movie Maker, saving up for After Effects

John The Dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
For most things I use a JVC GY-DV5000. For vloging I ether use a Flip HD or my iPhone