What do you to when your channel isn't getting any views :(

HeyJayBay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm fairly new to YouTube, been posting for about a month now. I post regularly and have a schedule down. My thumbnails aren't bad (I think) and my video quality is ok. I'm just not getting any traffic on my channel or videos.

I've been editing, recording and uploading on my phone for the past month because my laptop is having major issues and won't let me edit on it or import anything on it. I know people look for good quality videos recorded with the nice cameras, but I think if I'm uploading regularly and not letting a little set back get in my way, then I should be ok.

I don't sub for sub and I really don't want to go out and comment on people's videos asking them to check out my channel.

What do you guys do?

Faraz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
exactly how i feel as i dont get any views (well barely any views) and i really am finding it difficult, maybe try to advertise here on this forum its helped me alot of maybe advertise on social media facebook, twitter etc. if that doesnt work maybe try to ask your viewers to share your videos hoped this helped :)

Reactions: HeyJayBay

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Im not getting much views atm. They are barely hitting 100, and usualy they hit that mark easily. Just keep making content, and power through the 'dry period'. btw don't be afraid to comment on other peoples vids. Leave them some feddback, and just try to make friends with them and 99% of the time they will at least have a look at one of your videos. Most of my active subscribers are small gaming channels like me, as at this early stage of youtube we need to stick together and support eachothers content :D

Celsus

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Back to the basics, advertise, advertise and more advertising ^.^

If you're having trouble with views, check your material at, see if there's anything you think you can improve, or try to get a focus group, at the least a few people to give you their opinions on your channel. If it doesn't seem to be content then it's the first thing, it's just getting your name out there. But never directly ask for someone to come watch your video, when someone comments on my videos ask me to check out their channel, I tend to ignore it. But if someone has a polite conversation with me, I generally check them out because it peaks my curiosity. I hear engaging people on bigger channels (commenting on their comments) is a decent way to get new subs, I've not tried this yet.

Time Jacker

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Im not getting much views atm. They are barely hitting 100, and usualy they hit that mark easily. Just keep making content, and power through the 'dry period'. btw don't be afraid to comment on other peoples vids. Leave them some feddback, and just try to make friends with them and 99% of the time they will at least have a look at one of your videos. Most of my active subscribers are small gaming channels like me, as at this early stage of youtube we need to stick together and support eachothers content :D
Yeah - that's pretty much it. Try not to become despondent. Your best bet is active participation in various related communities (e.g. here, YouTube itself, etc) and then all the usual stuff that I won't rehash. The magic ingredient, though, is consistency over time. There will be ups and downs for all channels. For smaller channels, a "down" is going to equal really few views.

I try to set myself mini milestones that I can achieve. A lot of them are in my power, for example "do x videos by y date by producing z per week". My other goals don't have a deadline because they're not directly in my control, but they do still exist.

Edit: Just to add, your channel is looking healthy. It's a one month old channel, first of all. You have 11 videos, you average over 50 views per video, you have 45 subscribers, 520 views (good subscriber to view ratio) and you have good engagement on your videos in terms of content. Check out stats such as audience retention and see if that's good. If so, then you've got nothing to worry about and keep on going as you are. It will happen for you, just not overnight. Seriously, you're looking good.

Peaceful Scenes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You probably already have a bunch of channels you're subscribed to... creators in your niche that you admire and enjoy watching or that inspire you. Try commenting sincerely on their videos and especially their NEW videos, engaging in meaningful conversations in their comment sections and you will find people will hover over your name/avatar to see who you are. This is great because it brings up your channel banner and the first few sentences on your channels "about" page. If these are enticing and give the person an idea of what your channel is about then there is a good chance that they will click through to have a look.

This works best if you comment on channels in your niche. The important thing to remember is to be genuine as fake niceness just comes across as spammy and will put people off. It's easy to be genuine if you comment on your favourite channels though so that's what I would suggest. Watch their video and if you have the urge to comment, then do it. If you didn't enjoy the video, then move on to the next channel you're subscribed to (I wouldn't suggest posting any negative comments). Remember genuine feelings and intentions shine through and will set your comment apart from all the generic spammy rubbish you usually find.

The reason I say you should comment on new videos is that your message will be seen by the first people to comment which are usually the channel's most loyal subscribers which are hopefully the most likely to also enjoy your content. The channel owner is also more likely to read the first comments on a video and may start a conversation with you which will get the attention of others who comment on the conversation. Regular commenting could also help you develop a relationship with the other channel and increase the chance of successful collaboration in future. They may even decide to add you to their featured channels tab if they like you and your channel is similar or recommend you in a shoutout; you never know.

The possibilities are endless and it's also fun to support and encourage creators you love (especially those with small channels who really appreciate feedback from their subs)... the views and subs you gain in the process are like a happy bonus. YouTube is a community like any other, and genuine interaction is what's required to succeed.

Another thing to do is to search for and join Facebook groups and Google + communities who you think might enjoy your content. Again, you need to be genuine in your interactions in these communities as they can definitely sniff out a faker. :)

Best of luck with your channel!

Bombiebru

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I defiantly think you have a great start. Like your last video btw ;-) I use Google + Facebook and twitter to boost my views. Remember it takes time and your are doing really well for only a month in. It can be hard to see people with tons of subs and views, but most of them have been at this for a while and you can get there too it just might take a little time. Your doing great Keep it up!

Reactions: HeyJayBay

Safety Turtle

Turtle Power!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Well you don't have to comment on other peoples channel and go "hey, check out my channel"...just comment as you would regularly :)
Share your videos on social media, forums etc.

Reactions: Bombiebru

VolitileGabe

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to YouTube, been posting for about a month now. I post regularly and have a schedule down. My thumbnails aren't bad (I think) and my video quality is ok. I'm just not getting any traffic on my channel or videos.

I've been editing, recording and uploading on my phone for the past month because my laptop is having major issues and won't let me edit on it or import anything on it. I know people look for good quality videos recorded with the nice cameras, but I think if I'm uploading regularly and not letting a little set back get in my way, then I should be ok.

I don't sub for sub and I really don't want to go out and comment on people's videos asking them to check out my channel.

What do you guys do?
A sad reality is that unless you become HUGE, youtube will have its ups and downs. I currently have over 70k subs and my channel is currently in the worst place it has ever been. it can easily pick up and be great at any moment. if you are serious about it, keep pushing. keep making the content you enjoy making and improve on whatever you can.

The most helpful thing i can offer is work on your SEO so that you appear more in search. that is what usually brings in the audience. up to you to keep and maintain it.

Reactions: Bombiebru

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
A big thing a lot of us need to remember is that good content does not equal views. natural growth IS the best growth, but it is also the slowest. If your willing to have the patience to sit through the really slow start, then it will be worth it in the long run. A little advertisement is ok here and there, but don't overdo it. Best thing to focus on at this stage is quality, interesting video topics and titles, and thumbnails etc. the views will slowly trickle in, and if its good content, that number will naturally slowly increase.

Make something sharable, watch a random video of yours and pretend your a random viewer. is it funny? does it make you want to see more videos? subscribe? those are questions we all need to ask ourselves time to time.