What Do You Think Of Young YouTubers?

They don't get much attention especially me (I'm 14) is because they don't like too much commentary from young person, some of them not but some of them really do. Maybe it's because of our voices, they don't really much like it.

Everyone was talking about high voices and such, I was lucky because my voice dropped when I was about 14 so now I don't have a high pitched voice unless I want to :p

I'm 16 now with a steadily growing channel. I don't think it's so much the younger YouTubers, it's just the smaller channels that can't put as much effort into their videos where as larger YouTubers can.

Well I am 15 years old (just turned 15 though) and it has been going really well for me actually. To be honest I am really surprised. I started on August 12th (so like 17 days ago) and I'm at 581 subs.

However, I don't think people realize that I am 15. Almost everyone new that I meet thinks I'm 17/18 (I don't see why lol) and my voice has been deeper than most my age since I was 5. So I guess it's a combination of a deep voice and looking older.

I do agree some people my age make terrible videos (mainly gaming) but you have to cut them some slack about the quality of it. We don't really have the money to buy good recording equipment, unless we are already successful. Like I'm not gonna spend $800 on a new camera to please my 580 subscribers. If I had a LOT more then I would as I probably would have made enough money to. But I am pretty independent when paying for things, like my parents only pay for necessary things so I don't have the money for professional lighting and cameras.

Nobody has made a comment about my age being too young, some people call me kid to make them feel superior or something. According to some people my videos and I are gay, like it's supposed to be an insult. Apparently my video is sexually attracted to men, who would have known.

I get some hate, probably jealousy because they don't have the balls to show their face on the internet. I actually find it entertaining to read the hate comments, I find them quite funny. My favourite is "go spin off your roof and die" which I just can not read with a straight face.

Oh what do you know, I'm off topic! Wow big surprise but just thought I'd share my experience so far.

So to actually answer your question about why we don't get attention:

-High pitch voice
- Young face
- Stupid
- Talking about topics that we have minimal if no knowledge about but act like we do
- Idea of someone younger than you is doing better
- People hate young people on the internet for some reason

What I hate the most though is when people refuse to try someone new. They're like "I'll only watch <insert overrated YouTuber here>" but then didn't they have to try someone new to find that person? If you understand what I mean.

Well that was long.

I didn't read through this entire thread, but I wanted to say I don't think it's limited to younger kids. I know a lot of adult youtubers that don't get the recognition and attention they deserve too.

It always boils down to personality, appearance and quality of your recording equipment... plus a huge helping of luck.

The way I think most people see it is that, the younger generation doesn't have as much knowledge as the older youtubers... no offense, and I am saying this as politely as possible.. I've watched some of the younger youtubers most of them will mispronounce words, excess cursing, lie, fake and make stuff up, ect... just to make themselves cooler and try to get more views and subs. On top of that, one person ( no name mentioned ) was pretty much begging and I mean begging people to view and sub his channel... its rather annoying what most of these kids do IMHO, but not all of them are bad mind you... I still enjoy watching some of them play games, make vlogs and try to be funny...

for every 1 bad young youtuber, there is 3 good ones XD

I'm 14 and I've been doing YouTube longer than some older youtubers with hundreds of thousands of subs.
Mind you, I was terrible and still don't consider myself very good, but in terms of experience- that might not always be necessarily true.
If we're talking about YouTube experience of course..[DOUBLEPOST=1377808345,1377808192][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well I am 15 years old (just turned 15 though) and it has been going really well for me actually. To be honest I am really surprised. I started on August 12th (so like 17 days ago) and I'm at 581 subs.

However, I don't think people realize that I am 15. Almost everyone new that I meet thinks I'm 17/18 (I don't see why lol) and my voice has been deeper than most my age since I was 5. So I guess it's a combination of a deep voice and looking older.

I do agree some people my age make terrible videos (mainly gaming) but you have to cut them some slack about the quality of it. We don't really have the money to buy good recording equipment, unless we are already successful. Like I'm not gonna spend $800 on a new camera to please my 580 subscribers. If I had a LOT more then I would as I probably would have made enough money to. But I am pretty independent when paying for things, like my parents only pay for necessary things so I don't have the money for professional lighting and cameras.

Nobody has made a comment about my age being too young, some people call me kid to make them feel superior or something. According to some people my videos and I are gay, like it's supposed to be an insult. Apparently my video is sexually attracted to men, who would have known.

I get some hate, probably jealousy because they don't have the balls to show their face on the internet. I actually find it entertaining to read the hate comments, I find them quite funny. My favourite is "go spin off your roof and die" which I just can not read with a straight face.

Oh what do you know, I'm off topic! Wow big surprise but just thought I'd share my experience so far.

So to actually answer your question about why we don't get attention:

-High pitch voice
- Young face
- Stupid
- Talking about topics that we have minimal if no knowledge about but act like we do
- Idea of someone younger than you is doing better
- People hate young people on the internet for some reason

What I hate the most though is when people refuse to try someone new. They're like "I'll only watch <insert overrated YouTuber here>" but then didn't they have to try someone new to find that person? If you understand what I mean.

Well that was long.

Stupid?
I know 13 year olds with more intelligence and brainpower than adults...
Stupidity is different from lack of knowledge.

I'm 14 and I've been doing YouTube longer than some older youtubers with hundreds of thousands of subs.
Mind you, I was terrible and still don't consider myself very good, but in terms of experience- that might not always be necessarily true.
If we're talking about YouTube experience of course..[DOUBLEPOST=1377808345,1377808192][/DOUBLEPOST]

Stupid?
I know 13 year olds with more intelligence and brainpower than adults...
Stupidity is different from lack of knowledge.

I agree about the YouTube knowledge part. I first started making videos in 2007, then quit in 2011. But as you said, that doesn't mean you are good at YouTube.

And from the 13 year olds I've seen, they seem clueless about anything in life. Of course, I don't really watch any young YouTubers so it is an extremely small sample size

Me myself as a young teenager don't get much attention either. I only have 160 subs, which is pretty good for me, but I think its because we are young, also most of the attention is drawn to bigger youtubers such as pewdiepie and smosh :(

Back