What Do You Think Of Young YouTubers?

ConnersCraft

I Make Video Games... :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah it doesnt make enought to live off off but it pays my child support and a few bills every month...[DOUBLEPOST=1377490304,1377490200][/DOUBLEPOST]

and I'm sorry dont preach like you are a YT god, everyones experience is different and we are all here for different reasons.
Not trying to preach like a "YT God", but it just annoys me when people try to make Youtube an income stream. The community has begun to fall apart ever since the partner program became more public. Sometimes I wish you still needed to be in the top 500 or so channels to be a partner. Ive got nothing against making money on YouTube, but it should not be the goal of a channel.

realspeed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Does is affect you why I or anyone else is here? Sorry but YT does it the way they will make the most money. Ive been monetized since 09 but didnt realize how easy it was to make money at first. OK well how about you do this.... Write a new TOS and Rules EBook about YouTube and send it to YT and Google and demand they implement things the way you want them, because the current way pisses you off.

ConnersCraft

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Does is affect you why I or anyone else is here? Sorry but YT does it the way they will make the most money. Ive been monetized since 09 but didnt realize how easy it was to make money at first. OK well how about you do this.... Write a new TOS and Rules EBook about YouTube and send it to YT and Google and demand they implement things the way you want them, because the current way pisses you off.
Lol you mad bro? Not trying to start an argument here. I have nothing against the YouTube terms or how they run their business. I just can't stand people trying to profit off the system without any true care for the community. And actually I have been considering writing a new Iphone app about SEO for Youtube and other aspects to running a channel. I am just not ready to do so yet, because I do not feel qualified to teach what I am still learning. :)

realspeed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Im not mad, but it seems like you have a holier than thou, opinion that if your not here for the reason you seem fit you shouldn't be here.... which it total BS. I mean you act like you have been here since the good old days when it was just for the fun of videos when YT first started.. I mean you say this like you have so much experience in life and the internet.... but your not even old enough to drive, see an r-rated movie, lol buy certain video games. s**t you arnt even old enough to freaking buy GLUE or hair spray.... I mean just like me you are entitled to your opinion but do not talk to people like you think you are better than them since your here for a more "pure" reason.

ConnersCraft

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Im not mad, but it seems like you have a holier than thou, opinion that if your not here for the reason you seem fit you shouldn't be here.... which it total BS. I mean you act like you have been here since the good old days when it was just for the fun of videos when YT first started.. I mean you say this like you have so much experience in life and the internet.... but your not even old enough to drive, see an r-rated movie, lol buy certain video games. s**t you arnt even old enough to freaking buy GLUE or hair spray.... I mean just like me you are entitled to your opinion but do not talk to people like you think you are better than them since your here for a more "pure" reason.
I started my first channel before the partner program existed, so yes I have been here a while. The internet is a solid form of income for me as I develop games sold on both mobile platforms and PCs, so I have a good amount of experience there. I have my permit if that counts, and I can get my license in 3 months. As for the buying stuff, i needed a sharpie for a school project and walgreens wouldn't let me buy it. It was heartbreaking lol. I never said i was better than anyone. I just stated my opinion on what I believe YouTube should be. Clearly that is different from your opinion, and that is fine.

Pearl

Sleepyhead~
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Many older people 20+ (myself included, I'm more than a decade older than you) find it a bit.... 'weird' to watch minors on the internet by choice. And teenagers think its lame to watch 13 year olds if they're 17.
Signed. No offense, you guys who are younger. But this is true.

MagicFN

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Ranter, Commentator, Reviewer
The one thing I kind of hate about it is: I've watched videos from kids who are like 14 or 15(myself not included :p) and sound like they're 6 years old. Not saying you do, it's just something that gets people annoyed.

ConnersCraft

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The one thing I kind of hate about it is: I've watched videos from kids who are like 14 or 15(myself not included :p) and sound like they're 6 years old. Not saying you do, it's just something that gets people annoyed.
I do agree with that. To me it is not about the pitch of your voice but the maturity of what comes out of it. One of my favorite Youtubers to watch is only 10 or 11, and he has nearly 2 million subscribers, so this is not always true. I do see your point though.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I noticed that the young youtubers between the 11-16 age mark don't get alot of attention when they are really good youtubers.

I would suggest you look to see what other factors are minimizing the
success of channels with young creators. Age might be a factor but
only in the sense that they have limited experiences to share in their
videos.

They have less experience in growing a channel. Less experience to realize
how their interaction with their audience hurts or helps them.

TheNeoCubest

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think a lot of them give young gamers a bad image, but i think there are a few exceptions and kids out there who can genuinely do a great job at commentating.[DOUBLEPOST=1377463273,1377463159][/DOUBLEPOST]you are doing a good job on the attention part even if you are only 14 :D
147 subs is great.
Hey I'm young I suppose, 14 years old and my channel is doing just fine. I guess I'm one of those "kids".

Reactions: ConnersCraft