What do you think of my channel name??

Reaction score
Hey everyone I’ve been having thoughts lately of rebranding my YouTube channel and everything associated with it being twitter and twitch. My YouTube channel name is WinterStrikeGaming but I’ve been thinking of shortening it to Winter or Winterstrike.Please tell me what you think and if I should or not. If I do rebrand I would have to change EVERYTHING from usernames to channel artwork.

YouTube: WinterStrikeGaming
Twitter: @WinterstrikeYt (WinterstrikeGaming)
Twitch: WinterStrikeGaming

Last edited:

Rust Quick Electric

THE Rust Electricity Channel
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I like the name, but if your channel is the one that I found while googling (your signature needs to use UCnfo91a1wduQADeICiMttRA instead of WinterStrikeGaming since you need 100 subscribers for a custom URL) you should adjust your logo banner to be more fitting to winter rather than a flame based initial.

To me winter resembles cold and not fire.

Reaction score
I like the name, but if your channel is the one that I found while googling (your signature needs to use UCnfo91a1wduQADeICiMttRA instead of WinterStrikeGaming since you need 100 subscribers for a custom URL) you should adjust your logo banner to be more fitting to winter rather than a flame based initial.

To me winter resembles cold and not fire.
Thanks for the advice! I know in the name WINTERStrikeGaming I should make my theme more adjusted to ice or cold instead of fire but the reason why I decided to go with the fire banner was because when I started I had already made my icon that says WSG in fire text with some icon generator online and it also contrasted with my name. I like the sleek look that Vanoss uses and as you can see I sorta took inspiration from it with the black background of my icon. Can you recommend anyway I can change it or give me some examples or ideas.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I’ve been thinking of shortening it to Winter or Winterstrike.
Winter would be waaay too general. You would have a really hard time competing in SEO, both on Youtube, Google and any other social media. WinterStrike sounds nice, but gives 0 information on what type of channel you are. I think WinterStrikeGaming sounds find. You can introduce yourself as WinterStrike (if you don't use your own name) and maybe use the abbreviation WSG if you find the name too long.

your signature needs to use UCnfo91a1wduQADeICiMttRA instead of WinterStrikeGaming
Also, this. I'd like to take a look at your channel, but can't be bother Googling. Please adjust your signature so people can easily take a look at your channel ;)
[edit] Just had a look, the fire really looks out of place indeed. Also, why did you stop putting your face in the Thumbnail? The one's with your face in it are way more expressive and engaging :)

the reason why I decided to go with the fire banner was because when I started I had already made my icon that says WSG in fire text with some icon generator online
Quite a bad basis for a branding choice n.n" I can help you out a bit with a banner, if you want.

Reaction score
Winter would be waaay too general. You would have a really hard time competing in SEO, both on Youtube, Google and any other social media. WinterStrike sounds nice, but gives 0 information on what type of channel you are. I think WinterStrikeGaming sounds find. You can introduce yourself as WinterStrike (if you don't use your own name) and maybe use the abbreviation WSG if you find the name too long.

Also, this. I'd like to take a look at your channel, but can't be bother Googling. Please adjust your signature so people can easily take a look at your channel ;)
[edit] Just had a look, the fire really looks out of place indeed. Also, why did you stop putting your face in the Thumbnail? The one's with your face in it are way more expressive and engaging :)

Quite a bad basis for a branding choice n.n" I can help you out a bit with a banner, if you want.
Thank you so much for the advice I like introducing myself in videos as WinterStrike like for EX: What's up guys it's WinterStrike and today .......... or vary rarely I would say WinterStrikeGaming because I think having "gaming" in your name seems childish and unprofessional which makes sense because I made it when I was 12 (18 now :D) and the reason I stopped using face cam or my face in thumbnails is because it takes too much work to setup and get the good lighting etc etc and just adds more work in post editing when I'm already time restricted with schooling, working out, homework, family, etc. I also don't know how to change my "signature" but i'll look around. What I want to start doing along with regular let's plays on games for examples like Kingdom Hearts 3 coming out pretty soon are stream highlights of me playing games but mainly Smash Bros Ultimate like ZeRo (A smash youtuber and pro player). Also I appreciate the thought and would love too see what you could come up with for a banner of my channel so please by all means go ahead.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Glad you found it useful :) Here you can find how to change your signature:
http://yttalk.com/threads/how-to-add-your-youtube-channel-to-every-message-post.32/

Too bad it is too much work, because I do think it looks better. I also remember hearing another Youtuber talk about the fact a friend convinced him to put his face in the thumbnails and he actually got more views because of it. It's more personal than just a screenshot of a game.

Also, I don't think having 'gaming' in your name is too childish, it is a quite common and accepted practice.

What I want to start doing along with regualr let's plays on games for examples like Kingdom Hearts 3 coming out pretty soon are stream highlights of me playing games but mainly Smash Bros Ultimate like ZeRo (A smash youtuber and pro player)
I'd go for Kingdom Heart. You already name a big Youtuber who is successful and a pro player, that is some steep competition you have there. Smash Bros has a huge community of Youtubers that play it and frankly, if you are not pro level yourself, views will be disappointing. Plus, Kingdom Heart play throughs and tutorials will be very popular in the time the game comes out.
But if you don't care about views and subs, then just disregard what I just said and just play whatever you like :)

Reaction score
Glad you found it useful :) Here you can find how to change your signature:

Too bad it is too much work, because I do think it looks better. I also remember hearing another Youtuber talk about the fact a friend convinced him to put his face in the thumbnails and he actually got more views because of it. It's more personal than just a screenshot of a game.

Also, I don't think having 'gaming' in your name is too childish, it is a quite common and accepted practice.

I'd go for Kingdom Heart. You already name a big Youtuber who is successful and a pro player, that is some steep competition you have there. Smash Bros has a huge community of Youtubers that play it and frankly, if you are not pro level yourself, views will be disappointing. Plus, Kingdom Heart play throughs and tutorials will be very popular in the time the game comes out.
But if you don't care about views and subs, then just disregard what I just said and just play whatever you like :)
Again thanks for helping me and I see your take on the whole Smash Bros thing but it's just something I like to play and when I stream I also record it so making videos from it is very easy so a stream and a video to me is a win win. I will 100% make a let's play on Kingdom Hearts 3 when it comes out and yes using face cam is a lot of extra work but I might be able to use it in just video recordings with a green screen but my streams and stream highlights ALL THE TIME would have a face cam for a more personal and engaging stream at least in my opinion.

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Reporter, Vlogger, Comedian, Commentator
Honestly, I like WinterStrikeGaming, because just off your Channel name alone- I know exactly what types of videos/content you will be providing. I think it works the way it is :D

Its up to you though :)

vitofaber

I've Got It
Reaction score
i dont care about your channel nam, just care about thumbnails and content

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I like your channel name. Like others have stated it helps people know exactly what kind of content you create. I think saying “welcome back it’s WinterStrike here” sounds good and doesn’t confuse the audience. I honestly think keep everything the same