What do you think about this giveaway option?

i am kian

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all,

Soon I am going to do a giveaway (for the Dutch only), and I am thinking to give users more chances to win.

Option one will be to introduce new subscribers. IE: When a new subscribers adds something like "I'm new and was sent here by user XYZ" the users XYZ will be added a 2nd times to the random name picker.
If another users gets introduced to my channel by the same user his name will be added 3rd times to the random name picker.....

Option two will be by looking for some answers given in previous video's (they can only be found when the user actually looks at previous videos!)
When the answers are found the user needs to insert them to a secure webform which will generate an encoded string/message from the answers given and his YT username. The user needs to post this string/message in a reply underneath the giveaway video!

Why an encoded string/message you may ask? This way other users can not copy the answers :)

When the giveaway ends I can decode the string/message, and see if the users entered the correct answers.
Every correct answer will give him an extra entry to the random name picker.

What do you guys think, and is this allowed to do?

Last edited:
Reactions: videoeditgr

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Its almost impossible to do a giveaway while staying within the terms of service and all the other relevant laws. There are loads of videos giving advice on how to do it properly that after watching for 10 minutes each they eventually say they don't know one way or another. I guess be careful.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Giveaway subscriptions are not guaranteed i think. But the idea of refering to other videos for the answer seems cool!. I cannot tell if it is ok "by the book" but seems a good way to get views :) Isn,t there a giveaway system that one get more chances by subscribing, liking facebook page, adding in instagram etc? Sorry i don,t know the name but seems common nowadays in giveaways.

Reactions: i am kian

i am kian

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you both for the reply.
@videoeditgr Not sure if this is the one, but gleam.io does do something like you mention. (see gleam.io/youtube )

Looks like giveaway's are kind of in the gray area. :-/

Reactions: videoeditgr