What do you think about these videos and editing styles?

Which video is better?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
1.)
(Refer to this as 1) *EDIT* Oh my god I can't believe made the same video on this review thread. X(
and
2.)
(Refer to this as 2)

• What do you think about the style of editing used? Should I go back to using 2's style of editing with subtitles added in? Do you think this adds more to the overall content?

• I find that there are too many "boring" parts, should I cut down my videos more? I try to stay above 10 minutes because I hear it ranks more, but I will do quality over quantity. I just feel like every part kinda matters, including an awkward build up or finish.
  • Lastly Thumbnails, (if you can manage to see them), I dunno what to think about them? Any review would be loved, since I work maybe an hour or 2 on each and when you stare at them long enough, it starts looking okay. :confusedphones:

Last edited:

LytaneVS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I watched both of the videos you presented and I'm not going to lie, I was pretty bored whilst watching them. I have never heard of the game you are playing and from what you were saying and doing in the video, YOU don't really know the game either. Because of this it just feels like there isn't any drive to the video or gameplay. I don't know what you are doing or why.

Also the lack of commentary or voice or reaction is another thing that I don't like. You could be commentating on what you are doing, how you have no idea or what you think you are supposed to do. That way I at least have something to focus on instead of just you running around doing who knows what. It would be a lot more engaging with more commentary. Also I don't think you really need to edit them down moreso add more into the video to keep it engaging.

The thumbnails aren't very good either. Too dark and lots of dead space and the text is hard to read as well and looking through your channel most of your thumbs could use some work.

Reactions: Boki

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Could you perhaps explain exactly about the thumbnails “needing some work” what would you do to exactly fix them. You don’t have to go in depth , just a general idea.
Also fonts? By hard to read would you mean changing the whole font or the colors. If colors? What colors? I figured black and white was pretty standard.

Also the main idea is to emulate early cricken2, since I liked him so much, but I see what you mean about the boring stuff. I feel as if there’s too much blank space of no commentary and other driving factors.

Also the game is fairly new (came out dec 29) the gameplay is fairly simple and is actually pretty much moving around and trying to not die. The game to players was notorious for not having playable severs with either lag or no voice chat. Generally only people who had played it would get that, however I understand what you mean. Really only people who played the game would watch the video, so they would get the somewhat humor of certain parts. I’ll probably commentate more tho

But anyways thanks for the criticism! <3 <3 <3 :D

LytaneVS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
With the thumbnails the text is a little hard to read and it might be due to the fact that it's thin letter or it needs a border around the letters that are thicker or that it needs some kind of drop shadow. I find them hard to read anyway like with the Teostra video you have. Red text on a red picture is hard to read but they aren't all hard, Depth is easy to read.

I don't know who criken2 is so I can't say one way or another about it but reading about the game and it's history that you just wrote was interesting and has given the game that I watched so much more context and if it was part of your commentary that would have been great! If you do another video on the game you should add it in.

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
I agree, for the most part, although I don't watch a lot of gaming content and your views aren't bad, so what do I know?

I think for me, as a casual/non-game viewer, I feel like the videos need a real direct welcome/introduction to the viewers, and some continual engagement that recaps what you're playing, where you are, what you're thinking/experiencing, etc. Basically a combo of play-by-play and game review. Better audio quality would also really help.

In terms of the actual topics and everything, I think you're on the right track and if you keep it up you'll find an audience. Your branding is also pretty good.