What do you prefer?

itspvptime

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
What do you prefer, getting paid via paypal or checks?

Some of the people I talked to say that paypal is better so you avoid tax forms, adsense, etc.

Some of the people I talked to that say checks are better say you can make more off of it.

I'm a bit indecisive about what I should be looking for.

What do you think?

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
o.0 if you have a bank account do paypal... if you dont then do checks.. there is always a paper trail and you sign a w9 form when your partnered for a reason lol

Zennie62

Reaction score
What do you prefer, getting paid via paypal or checks?

Some of the people I talked to say that paypal is better so you avoid tax forms, adsense, etc.

Some of the people I talked to that say checks are better say you can make more off of it.

I'm a bit indecisive about what I should be looking for.

What do you think?
I prefer PayPal or direct bank account deposit. That way, I can use the money via my credit card ASAP, if need be.

Creator X

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
KhaosArts,

(Reading your question... it seems framed from the angle of researching potential networks... so that's how we framed our answer. Regardless, advice is still solid.)

PayPal doesn't get you out of filling out the W9 before being paid. (lame I know... freaking beancounters! lol) Every network we know of is going to require that up front. Also, same goes for claiming as income no matter how the payment arrives. (was a little foggy if you meant that as well, but thought I would mention it) So, I would take those out of the equation as deciding factors.

The differences in payment forms are minor and not worth worrying about in our opinion. (the PayPal fees would be the biggest measurable difference) I would advise looking for networks with a solid payment history as a much more important factor than how the payment comes. As in, Google around checking to see if anyone complains about late or missing payments. If you see more than anecdotal evidence... then that might be a red flag. The network should have posted or be able to provide clear statements about how and when you should be paid... and those payments should come like clockwork.

Other than that, most networks aren't going to let you choose by default. I would worry more about the making sure it's the right network for you above worrying about anything else. :)

Hope that helps,
Creator X

Losoyo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have always utilized Pay Pal. As has been stated, if you start making any real money - the IRS will be able to find and collect the taxes. I wouldn't worry about it to much lest you be Onision, RayWilliamJohnson, The Amazing Atheist - or others.