What do you do when you feel like no one believes in you?

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
i haven’t been super active on youtube lately, but I have been in Twitter and instagram (as a means to meet more people because friends are cool, but also it doesn’t hurt to have people around to look at your stuff) I’ve shared my links, in a polite way, not in an obnoxious CHECK MY SOUNDCLOUD spammy way. Moreso to people I know. Sure it could help my stuff reach people who don’t know me, but I just want to share things I think are funny and make people laugh primarily. No one seems to care. It could be my mental illness speaking but I just feel like everyone thinks I’m a worthless pathetic piece of crap.

What helps you move on when you feel like no one cares and you don’t know where else to go from there?

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
I would say find ways to make things fun again, maybe instead of making the same stuff, change the way you do things. Back then when i faced something similar to your situation, i tried going back to the time when i first started, just makes / create / share stuff because you love it, no worries on views and what ppl thing. End of the day if i am having fun i will be less concern with external factors like what ppl think.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
i haven’t been super active on youtube lately, but I have been in Twitter and instagram (as a means to meet more people because friends are cool, but also it doesn’t hurt to have people around to look at your stuff) I’ve shared my links, in a polite way, not in an obnoxious CHECK MY SOUNDCLOUD spammy way. Moreso to people I know. Sure it could help my stuff reach people who don’t know me, but I just want to share things I think are funny and make people laugh primarily. No one seems to care. It could be my mental illness speaking but I just feel like everyone thinks I’m a worthless pathetic piece of crap.

What helps you move on when you feel like no one cares and you don’t know where else to go from there?

You are NOT a worthless piece of crap. OK?!!

We all go through periods of self-doubt, even the most successful people.

Success often comes after lots of failures. - Thomas Edison's teachers said he was "too stupid to learn anything." He was fired from his first two jobs for being "non-productive." As an inventor, Edison made 1,000 unsuccessful attempts at inventing the light bulb. When a reporter asked, "How did it feel to fail 1,000 times?" Edison replied, "I didn’t fail 1,000 times. The light bulb was an invention with 1,000 steps." More inspirational stories here: https://www.uky.edu/~eushe2/Pajares/OnFailingG.html

- I use other people's negativity to motivate me to prove them wrong.
- I watch/listen to motivational videos and speeches and then go back to work. Do a search on YT for "motivational videos".

Here's a good one:

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Not getting somewhere in the digital world or Youtube means nothing. Every breathing person is capable of doing miracles. Most of us we will be never influencers or youtubers full time or something like that. But it is a pitty to compare success to digital life only. I have handmade a shelf for my desk. Wow tango christy!? I rock. I am the beep beep master genious of selves diy home manufacturers! Seriously? Stopping and smelling a flower or the rain can cheer you up. A coffee with a friend pereon in person? The same. And if everything else fails? Lookup in the mirror. You are all you got in this world. Treat yourself kindly and with respect ;)

Reactions: CristyTango

Gerald Z

Reaction score
it's ultimately if you believe in yourself, rather than what the masses think, sure, when they are cheering for you it helps fuel your energy to move on, but unless you believe in yourself first, it won't really matter if the masses believe or care about you or not. it starts within, if you feel you're in a state self-doubt the best thing to do, is making progress, with something small, and work up again. just get the ball rolling, :). hold strong of the inner faith, always.

P.S if someone tells you something they hate, then take that as a blessing, you now know where you need to improve, if you just hear someone say "this is sh*t" ignore it, since they are not telling you what is it. always try to turn things round in your favour.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You have to understand one thing when it comes down to YouTube. When you start out you 100% do it for you. And that should show in your content. If I don't feel like shooting anything or editing anything I don't do it. I don't run with the trends too much either. I am just myself and have been since day 1. Did I get to the quitting stage? Yes, late 2016 early 2017. But then I realized I loved it too much to just quit it. And some guy with a GTR let me review his car. Still can't thank him enough for that.

Anyway, do what you want to do. If it makes you feel bad quit and find something else. The will to grow is there for me too. But it gets toxic at times, and that is when you need to take a step back and evaluate why you are doing this thing.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You have to understand one thing when it comes down to YouTube. When you start out you 100% do it for you. And that should show in your content. If I don't feel like shooting anything or editing anything I don't do it. I don't run with the trends too much either. I am just myself and have been since day 1. Did I get to the quitting stage? Yes, late 2016 early 2017. But then I realized I loved it too much to just quit it. And some guy with a GTR let me review his car. Still can't thank him enough for that.

Anyway, do what you want to do. If it makes you feel bad quit and find something else. The will to grow is there for me too. But it gets toxic at times, and that is when you need to take a step back and evaluate why you are doing this thing.
I agree with you! I won’t film videos on days I’m just not feeling it because I don’t want that to show In my videos and believe me if you do film when you’re feeling that way because I have it does show and I ended up trashing it and re filming it a different day!

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If I ever felt that way I’d try to introspect on what is making me feel that way about myself. Then I’d probably go onto the Discord chat I’m a member of and talk about it. I’d probably get some stern looks for beating myself up and then I’d get a bunch of support about how awesome I am, and these people don’t say anything they don’t really mean.

I wonder if knowing your cognitive type would help. Usually when we have fears and things stopping us up, it is related to that. Let me see if I can find yours out and then you can read about it.