What Do You Do To Stay Consistant

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I work too much to be able to upload every day. My life is simply too busy. So for me I'll normally record/film things in advance and also upload them in advance with the Schedule option Youtube now has. That way if I can't make the day I normally upload I can stay consistent a bit easier.

Of course this doesn't count the sleep I lose to record/film and edit my footage but to me some sacrifices just have to be made. =] I know it'll be worth it in the end.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
A lot depends upon how you look at your YouTube channel. If you consider it as just something you do in your spare time for fun then it is very likely that you will find it hard to be consistent. There is nothing wrong with that...but you cannot complain at the lack of views and subs and should just enjoy the experience of producing and publishing.

If on the other hand you view your channel as a hobby that you have a passion for, then you should schedule a fixed time each week or even each day to produce and publish material. I know some incredibly busy people who will ALWAYS make time to go to the gym, or to play golf, or to swim...simply because it is important to them.

In my case my channel is an important part of my business, but even then I am finding it hard to stick to my weekly vlog... and I'm only on my second week! To combat that I have already booked the guy who films me to come to my office for this week - so now that I am committed I absolutely have to write some material!

Jetpi99 Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I prerecord all my Videos of the coming week on the weekend, then edit them early enough and schedule them to be released at the right time. I keep a few days ahead with uploading the videos so if I had no time, the videos would continue for some time. Also, if it must be time-efficient, do everything in batches. I make Let's Plays, editing means putting Video and commentary together and making sure there is nothing unfitting in there. So I can run the export for one video and at the same time edit (i.e. watch through) another one. And I can have the previous video uploading. Not many video formats are that easy to edit, though.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think batch filming and editing is the way to go, as others have suggested.

I struggle with this, mainly because it takes me hours (sometimes multiple days) to film one episode, then up to 20 hours to edit it down. But it's that high production value and long length (around 25 minutes each) that has made my channel seccessful thus far. I try to get up one video a week, but due to "life" that has stretched into 10 days a few times, and once into 2 weeks between uploads.

I started adding in "vlog-style" videos interspersed with my cooking videos. These are much easier to film, don't require multiple cameras and light setup, and I can crank them out in a fraction of the time. So far, it's been working. I'd LOVE to be able to upload every day or even a few times a week, but I would need to quit my job to do so while maintaining the quality of the content and the production.

Heather White

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I post twice a week, but I have made a pact with myself to post at least once a week no matter what. I set aside at least an hour to film and 2-4 hours to edit and upload with the proper tags. If you use your time wisely and plan ahead for the next video, you can be consistent. I also like to batch my videos up. If I have time to film more than one video in one day, I put myself ahead of schedule. Hope this helps!

Archieonic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I post twice a day, every day. I don't consider my schedule "busy", I have a regular job from 9am to 5:30 pm after that I get home straight to record one video. That usually takes 1-1:30 hours. After that I edit 2 videos. I do that from Monday-Friday, then weekends I catch up on recording, and I try to record at least 5 videos. When things get rough, I live stream. I also have to spare some time for family and girlfriend. Motivation is key, but also practice is key. I started doing one video a day and thought it was too much. Once you start getting better at it, you'll start gaining more valuable time.