What do y'all think of reactions channels

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't subscribe to any 'reaction' channels. Unfortunately, far too often, they are done as cheap and quick ways to create content without regards to 'fair use'.

To make sure that YouTube doesn't recommend them to me, I go to my watch history and delete it when I'm done.

CTAC

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally don't care to watch any reaction type channels. I think it's just another cheap way to get views but I'm not losing sleep over it. if that's what you enjoy, so be it.
I agree

Destroyer30i6

I've Got It
Reaction score
I think they definitely need to be done right, I have seen a lot of reaction channels that just sit there and watch the video.. I can do that, I would watch a reaction channel where the creator was animated and funny, A channel where I would want to see their reaction just as much as watching the video myself.

if you can get to a stage where someone is watching a video and is thinking "how would so and so react to this" or "i'd love to see their reaction" you know you have done something right :)

Reactions: Dawayne West

BamaGuyRTR

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If I was going to do reactions, I wouldn't even put the clips in the video. I would simply just talk about it and then mention that there are links to the content in the description. This way they can't claim your video and the people watching your video could go watch the entire video that was talked about and come up with their own opinions/reactions.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it’s ok to have a reaction channel as long you’re putting you’Re own commentary in and jokes instead of just sitting there watching and laughing like some channel do.

2SERZ_Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
hey, im not against reaction videos type of videos but most of the people who react on videos especially the small newest channels are c**** and 0 creative and cannot even react genuinely , some people are expert and great , sometimes you want to see someone's reaction to something you saw already ..

Steverd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like some reaction channels, BUT it just seems like a LAZY way to make videos.

You could pump out so many videos a day like this.
You take someone else's content and you talk, Most of us here could do that.
Don't forget you have to pause/breaking into the video every 20 secs or so, to prevent content strikes, that would prevent
monetization of the reaction video ,

anglingdharma

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
it's a great way to create content, because it can avoid copyright something that is very scary for a beginner youtuber especially a youtuber who doesn't have copyright too. and it's also a way to attract our viewers to see our channel and what we make a reaction video is something viral or famous

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I only know and saw a few of these reaction channels ( music related), but some of them are quite funny. I like Big Quint for example. He's entertaining, he doesn't just react to something, but he's bringing in a bit of his own personality by sharing his opinion during his "break" or him dealing with his broken chairs.
Of course you've got to overact a little, but I've also seen a few other youtubers where it's just too much.

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Reaction vids are fine. I don't think it's stealing content, your pretty much crafting it. Your actually making the content itself with your personality and effort. I watched other youtubers that really steal content for views. Their face is not even in the vid, just slaps a bunch of funny videos together and get million of views. Like comon..