What do y'all think of reactions channels

Dawayne West

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I used to have a reaction channel and I've thought about bringing it back I've been on the fence about it cause I dont want to be labeled as someone that " steals content for views or what not " what are you guy's thoughts on reaction channels??

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think that there is a right way to do a reaction channel, but it takes a lot of work to make it work. First of all, you need to have facecam and the video recorded separately, so that when you pause the video whilst recording to start talking about something, you can switch from facecam+video to just facecam in editing. Also, make sure you are making segments where you talk about the video afterward for a few minutes or segments where you pause the video and talk about something that caught your eye, or that you really dislike/like. Make sure to be descriptive, and not just say "(thing) was pretty cool". Also, provide links to the video in the description, and tell the viewers about the links before the video even starts. Oh, and don't beg for subs/likes XD.

BlandMark

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not the biggest fan of these types of videos. I personally would feel that I am, as you said, "steal[ing] content for views or what not". However people who do it well and have charisma and witty lines etc. can be very entertaining when they create reaction videos. I would say it depends on your character. But most of all, if you want to do it go ahead. Give it a go, see how a few of them turn out, and if they aren't great, just move on to a different style of video.

Reactions: Dawayne West

Darius Dominte

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Maybe is a trend but now more people is watching like a new way to generate money, because they make video upload and earn money. Sometimes is not fair because in a reaction video is like 30% material of an original video. But sometimes are good because you can watch in another way to that original video. And that thing you can split with the original channel that money like you earn some dollars and 30% you got to the owner video, and both parts will be happy.

Dawayne West

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
See that's what I thought would be a good idea you use my video you pay me a chunk for it and see I wouldn't have a problem with that cause I would believe at least 30& would be fair

Reactions: Darius Dominte

JK XO

Reaction score
So I used to have a reaction channel and I've thought about bringing it back I've been on the fence about it cause I dont want to be labeled as someone that " steals content for views or what not " what are you guy's thoughts on reaction channels??
I think reaction channels have solidify its place in youtube. You may say that, "they are stealing other people's work!" or you may enjoy watching a certain reactor. In my opinion if someone is going to have a "reaction channels" at the VERY least they could include commentary instead of watching the full videos start to finish then give an outro right after. I enjoy a few reactors from time to time but for those who hate them entirely you have to have perception. Maybe somebody is lonely and watching a reactor almost feels like they're in the room watching with them. Reaction videos are a thing now, nobody can delete them, you know? I say as long as they add commentary and support the creator of the video in various ways then why not?

Dawayne West

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think reaction channels have solidify its place in youtube. You may say that, "they are stealing other people's work!" or you may enjoy watching a certain reactor. In my opinion if someone is going to have a "reaction channels" at the VERY least they could include commentary instead of watching the full videos start to finish then give an outro right after. I enjoy a few reactors from time to time but for those who hate them entirely you have to have perception. . Reaction videos are a thing now, nobody can delete them, you know? I say as long as they add commentary and support the creator of the video in various ways then why not?

I like your point of view and what you said about the whole "Maybe somebody is lonely and watching a reactor almost feels like they're in the room watching with them" is exactly what motivates me to do those types of things and I agree whole heartily with everything else you've said

JK XO

Reaction score
I like your point of view and what you said about the whole "Maybe somebody is lonely and watching a reactor almost feels like they're in the room watching with them" is exactly what motivates me to do those types of things and I agree whole heartily with everything else you've said
I respect that, man. If your hearts in reaction videos then i think you should bring them back to your channel. Don't worry about the, "they stealing vids" comments. If you need any ideas or just need a reactor to do those types of videos some service, look up imdontai. If you watch his reactions (he's got a gaming channel too) you'll see how he stays engaged with his audience. He rewinds and stops his videos to talk (versus letting the video play from start to finish) So It feels like he actually cares about what he's watching.

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally don't care to watch any reaction type channels. I think it's just another cheap way to get views but I'm not losing sleep over it. if that's what you enjoy, so be it.

Reactions: Steverd

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Since this is YouTube-related, I've moved it to the YouTube Chat / Gossip forum. :)