What do y'all Think of Copyright?

MrDillaB

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I understand that when you use a song from some company and all that in you're video, it's copyright
but when i use a song it's not like if i wanted to steal the song. i use the song because i like it. and plus it gives the company more advertisment on their song.
What do you think about copyright ?

EmilyJM

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that its irritating, particularly on YouTube where the lines all blur but it has its purpose (even if we don't like it!)

Reactions: MrDillaB

Shane

YouTube Network Addict
Reaction score
People need to understand that Copyright needs to be enforced and on YouTube especially.

Everyone is always giving out about Content ID because is makes a mistake some 0.01% of the time but what they don't realise is without this system, YouTube would have gone bankrupt from the sheer numbers involved in lawsuits against them due to copyright.

Also a big thing is cost, songs and albums can cost 10s - 100s of thousand to produce and movies and tv shows cost multi-millions, YouTube cannot support that kind of budget.

It would take 100 times the viewers on YouTube for a TV show to benefit being up there, ~220 times the viewers for a song and around 300-400 times the viewers for a movie.

SwaggerWolf

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Copyright is necessary to exist because it is protecting someone else's hard work. Imagine if someone took your video and uploaded it and made a ton of money off of it and didn't give you any of it.

MrDillaB

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think copyright is there for a reason and it should be enforced.
true ! but i dont really like that[DOUBLEPOST=1407967001,1407966936][/DOUBLEPOST]
Copyright is there to protect the original creator, and if you use Copyrighted material you pay the price.

Agreed.
yeah but i dont really like the copyright system. i dont think i have copyright stuf

MrDillaB

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think that its irritating, particularly on YouTube where the lines all blur but it has its purpose (even if we don't like it!)
i think exactly like you ![DOUBLEPOST=1407967342,1407967122][/DOUBLEPOST]
People need to understand that Copyright needs to be enforced and on YouTube especially.

Everyone is always giving out about Content ID because is makes a mistake some 0.01% of the time but what they don't realise is without this system, YouTube would have gone bankrupt from the sheer numbers involved in lawsuits against them due to copyright.

Also a big thing is cost, songs and albums can cost 10s - 100s of thousand to produce and movies and tv shows cost multi-millions, YouTube cannot support that kind of budget.

It would take 100 times the viewers on YouTube for a TV show to benefit being up there, ~220 times the viewers for a song and around 300-400 times the viewers for a movie.
yeah its true, but i feel bad for the people that wants to use these musics but they use it properly[DOUBLEPOST=1407967464][/DOUBLEPOST]
Copyright is necessary to exist because it is protecting someone else's hard work. Imagine if someone took your video and uploaded it and made a ton of money off of it and didn't give you any of it.
But check it out. imagine if pewdipie uploaded my video on his channel i would be happy because its alot of advertisment.
what 24 million subs he has ? that would be cool[DOUBLEPOST=1407967501][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'll move this to Copyright and Legal Discussion. :x
allright thx :)

CoolMoo5

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Copyright is good because it protects the creator and allows you to make money off you original ideas. Without copyright, anyone could sing a song, or upload a video and say it is their own when it isn't. Copyright is bad because it gets abused I mean there are still songs from the 1940's that are copyrighted and the people who wrote the song are dead but some big company is still making money off it. On YouTube, a lot of people don't understand copyright and sometimes blame YouTube just because it is easier then educating themselves about the way copyright works.

To learn more about copyright I recommend you watch the documentary "A Remix Manifesto" it is really good and explains both sides of the copyright debate.