What do I have to do if I don't have a good mic?

ShanSR

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thx you guys all for the advices!! Especially the Audacity one, I'll try it!!

Aaayron

Pokemaster in the making here people!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Hey! I have a crap mic as well! In US currency, the thing barely cost $2, but I just use microphone boost, and put it it at a decent distance from my mouth so my voice doesn't get too muffled, but still heard.

ShanSR

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Oh and something more guys!! If you can help me with this, it will be very great!! The thing is I have a Skull Candy headphone or headset I don't know ... but it has a mic!! And when I'm using it with my phone to call, it works great!! (I have checked that) But I don't know why it doesn't work on my computer ... I'm using Windows 8 ... Is that the problem?? Because my laptop can't recognize the mic.

Aaayron

Reaction score
Channel Type
Oh and something more guys!! If you can help me with this, it will be very great!! The thing is I have a Skull Candy headphone or headset I don't know ... but it has a mic!! And when I'm using it with my phone to call, it works great!! (I have checked that) But I don't know why it doesn't work on my computer ... I'm using Windows 8 ... Is that the problem?? Because my laptop can't recognize the mic.
Maybe it's the audio jack. Did you plug it in the front or the rear? Because I had the same problem with the mic not working when I plugged it in the front audio jack. I tried the back, and presto! I started my Youtube channel![DOUBLEPOST=1367581551,1367581480][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe it's the audio jack. Did you plug it in the front or the rear? Because I had the same problem with the mic not working when I plugged it in the front audio jack. I tried the back, and presto! I started my Youtube channel!
Oh wait, scratch that, I forgot the part about your computer being a laptop...I'm not even sure if that has 2 audio jacks.

ShanSR

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Maybe it's the audio jack. Did you plug it in the front or the rear? Because I had the same problem with the mic not working when I plugged it in the front audio jack. I tried the back, and presto! I started my Youtube channel![DOUBLEPOST=1367581551,1367581480][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh wait, scratch that, I forgot the part about your computer being a laptop...I'm not even sure if that has 2 audio jacks.
Yeh I don't have 2 audio jacks lol :D But I have tried with every headset, even my s****y mic, I have, and all of them don't work either!!

This is the picture:

Pls help me :( I'm devastated right now!!

Aaayron

Reaction score
Channel Type
Yeh I don't have 2 audio jacks lol :D But I have tried with every headset, even my s****y mic, I have, and all of them don't work either!!

This is the picture:

Pls help me :( I'm devastated right now!!
Wait. You said on your other post that your laptop couldn't pick up your mic. Looking at the picture, it seems that the mic has been read by the laptop (the green check mark on the bottom). Yet it won't pick up any sound? That doesn't make too much sense.:confused: Well, this is the last advice I can try giving you. Maybe your audio drivers are outdated. Do you use Realtek or what? Try downloading the most up to date driver. How to do that, I seriously can't explain how. I literally am stumped right now as well.

ShanSR

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Wait. You said on your other post that your laptop couldn't pick up your mic. Looking at the picture, it seems that the mic has been read by the laptop (the green check mark on the bottom). Yet it won't pick up any sound? That doesn't make too much sense.:confused: Well, this is the last advice I can try giving you. Maybe your audio drivers are outdated. Do you use Realtek or what? Try downloading the most up to date driver. How to do that, I seriously can't explain how. I literally am stumped right now as well.
You know that every laptop has a mic right?? That's the laptop's mic.

Aaayron

Reaction score
Channel Type
You know that every laptop has a mic right?? That's the laptop's mic.
I don't sorry!:( I don't have a laptop and I was just trying to see if I can help.

LegendOfGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys, like the title said ... I'm having problem with mic. I can't buy a good one, if I could, I wouldn't start this thread. So do you have any idea? Please share :) Thx!!!
work with what you have, my first 100 or so videos (at least i think 100) was used with a macbook pro built in microphone. Use programs like audacity to learn up your mic quality with noise reduction and stuff like that, if you make enjoyable content people really wont care how good your quality is if they can hear you

Reactions: ShanSR