What do I have to do if I don't have a good mic?

ShanSR

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys, like the title said ... I'm having problem with mic. I can't buy a good one, if I could, I wouldn't start this thread. So do you have any idea? Please share :) Thx!!!

TylorSkory

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Do you have an iPhone? The microphone is actually pretty good on it. A little tip, if you cover yourself with a heavy blanket (yes, you'll look like an idiot) it will block out a lot of the external sounds and sound really good.

Reactions: ilovebanannas

ILLMindofBrandon

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
, if you cover yourself with a heavy blanket (yes, you'll look like an idiot) it will block out a lot of the external sounds and sound really good.
When I use 2 livesteam alot an I had to use like this sad dollar store mic for a bit I use 2 tie a shirt around my mouth like a bandit :cool:. I sounded good an look pretty good doing it:p haha

Reactions: TylorSkory

ilovebanannas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Buy from a China wholesale site like DealExtreme or something. They have some pretty good mics for 5 bucks. Also, do you have a gaming headset? Such as a turtle beach?

Chef Kendra

Chef and Video Creator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Make sure you are in a quiet place, and speak extra clear. Save up and get a good mic as soon as possible.

TheWillBox

I make moving pictures!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would record with Audacity, look up some tutorials on how to reduce noise and level your sound. With some fancy tweaking you might be able to hear some improvements.

Good luck, sound is so important with YouTube it's scary.

Monthu Ra

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The Audacity tip is a great one. Make sure you can cut out as much external noise as possible and talk clearly.

Put a little money aside every once in a while and buy a decent mic for around $100 USD. My recommendation is the Audio-Technica AT2020. Cheap and very good!

TheRomanticsWB

Jack of All Trades
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Get a box shaped container of some kind. Line the whole inside of it with clothing, old egg cartons, whatever you can. One side of the box is open, the rest is closed. Put your mic inside this and speak at it from the open side. It will give you the absolute best sound you can get for that environment and having a crap mic.

Otherwise, go mow a yard or 2 and buy a new one.

Reactions: Monthu Ra

ShanSR

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The Audacity tip is a great one. Make sure you can cut out as much external noise as possible and talk clearly.

Put a little money aside every once in a while and buy a decent mic for around $100 USD. My recommendation is the Audio-Technica AT2020. Cheap and very good!
yeah right 100$ !!! The cheapest Blue Snowball just costs 65$, if i had 100$ I would buy that one to save my 35$!!

joedextermusic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Theres a few quite good USB mics out there that are cheap too. I think Sony or Samson make the most popular one. Its called an .... elf? Something like that!