What day to publish for business?

Roman Ryder

I've Got It
Reaction score
I've been publishing my videos at noon on Friday for the last 13 weeks. I chose this date based on some articles I read, but I didn't realize it was based on higher traffic when people are out of school.

I'm seeing more people watching, liking, and commenting on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. This is primarily from a Facebook group, but the members are all online entrepreneurs.

I'm thinking about moving to Tuesday to take advantage of more action in my first 24 to 48 hours. Plus, if weekends are the highest traffic, I may have less competition earlier in the week.

What are your thoughts?

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Absolutely I think you should move it to Tuesday. Your own analytics are more meaningful than someone else's rule of thumb. Some channels do well on weekends, and that might be why they had suggested Friday, but if yours is doing better on earlier weekdays, then go for it!

Reactions: Roman Ryder

Roman Ryder

I've Got It
Reaction score
Absolutely I think you should move it to Tuesday. Your own analytics are more meaningful than someone else's rule of thumb. Some channels do well on weekends, and that might be why they had suggested Friday, but if yours is doing better on earlier weekdays, then go for it!
TubeBuddy is still saying Friday at noon is the best time to publish. Weird.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
TubeBuddy is still saying Friday at noon is the best time to publish. Weird.
Thats because if you've only uploaded at noon on Friday in the past, that's the only upload data TubeBuddy has to parse. The 'best time to upload' feature works best when your upload history has various times and days from which to calculate. If you've only ever uploaded at the same time on the same day, then that's the only data tubebuddy has to decide with.

Reactions: Roman Ryder