What computer / rig do YOU use for editing and rendering?

Yeah it is nice to have no limitations on what I want to do as the pc can handle anything with no issue.

The 970 is really good, got it hooked up to a 34" curved monitor. I may get the 980 next year and one with a backplate already on it as the 970 I have sags a little!

Yeah no kidding, that must be nice! I'm ordering a 6700k for myself soon.

If you're upgrading a 970 in like a year or sooner, I would advise going for the 980ti instead of the 980. You'll see a much bigger performance jump at that point, plus it can destroy anything up to 4K!

I basically max out everything I played lately, provided that the game isn't broken (Batman Arkham Knight). I can't say I've had any issues with the infamous 3.5 GB of VRAM. I can OC my CPU up to 4.7 GHz (tested it), but since I don't really need to do that I currently have it @4.5 Ghz.

Just out of curiosity, I wanted to know what you guys were sporting. I'm currently using a laptop with an A10-5745M processor in it, but I'm hoping to move to a custom rig with an i7-6700k in it (big jump, I know).

If you aren't sure what kind of specs your computer uses, just give some general details about it!
Thanks for your time!

Well my PC is an all in one kind of PC (built it myself)

Processor: 4.0GHz, 8 Core, AMD Black Edition
RAM: 16GB
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780, 3GB
PSU: 750W Corsair CX750

Well my PC is an all in one kind of PC (built it myself)

Processor: 4.0GHz, 8 Core, AMD Black Edition
RAM: 16GB
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780, 3GB
PSU: 750W Corsair CX750

Nice! The best kinds of PCs are the ones we build ourselves haha. You enjoying that 16 gigs of ram? Some people say it's overkill but I enjoy having a million tabs open[DOUBLEPOST=1445669498,1445669427][/DOUBLEPOST]
I basically max out everything I played lately, provided that the game isn't broken (Batman Arkham Knight). I can't say I've had any issues with the infamous 3.5 GB of VRAM. I can OC my CPU up to 4.7 GHz (tested it), but since I don't really need to do that I currently have it @4.5 Ghz.

Impressive! I know a lot of people were worried about the 3.5 / 4 debacle, but as long as the card's doing its job haha. Are you using the stock cooler for your CPU or?

Impressive! I know a lot of people were worried about the 3.5 / 4 debacle, but as long as the card's doing its job haha. Are you using the stock cooler for your CPU or?

I knee from the start that the stock cooler is just not good enough. I chose the SilentiumPC Grandis cooler. It's not expensive but very efficient. 16GB of RAM may not be needed when one is doing only gaming but it really makes a big difference when You do complex work with software like Premiere Pro or Photoshop.

Nice! The best kinds of PCs are the ones we build ourselves haha. You enjoying that 16 gigs of ram? Some people say it's overkill but I enjoy having a million tabs open.

The 16GB of RAM does wonders for Rendering times. I have seen a massive improvement when I come to render my 720p and 1080p videos. It saves me time! :D
Also, for gaming, it works wonders. I would imagine that anything over 24GB would be overkill unless you are a YouTuber that is producing and rendering any resolution over 1080p60

The 16GB of RAM does wonders for Rendering times. I have seen a massive improvement when I come to render my 720p and 1080p videos. It saves me time! :D
Also, for gaming, it works wonders. I would imagine that anything over 24GB would be overkill unless you are a YouTuber that is producing and rendering any resolution over 1080p60

Your assumption is probably correct about more ram being helpful for rendering. I wonder what 4k video creators have to deal with? I'm about to buy 16GB of DDR4 ram this week! I'm very excited for the performance jump.[DOUBLEPOST=1445741426,1445741119][/DOUBLEPOST]
I knee from the start that the stock cooler is just not good enough. I chose the SilentiumPC Grandis cooler. It's not expensive but very efficient. 16GB of RAM may not be needed when one is doing only gaming but it really makes a big difference when You do complex work with software like Premiere Pro or Photoshop.

I'm going with an H7 CRYORIG for my cooler this time around. It was recommended over the usual Hyper 212 EVO that people usually get. These bang for the best parts are honestly a godsend, aren't they? So with your RAM, working those applications works like a charm, then?

Your assumption is probably correct about more ram being helpful for rendering. I wonder what 4k video creators have to deal with? I'm about to buy 16GB of DDR4 ram this week! I'm very excited for the performance jump.[DOUBLEPOST=1445741426,1445741119][/DOUBLEPOST]

I'm going with an H7 CRYORIG for my cooler this time around. It was recommended over the usual Hyper 212 EVO that people usually get. These bang for the best parts are honestly a godsend, aren't they? So with your RAM, working those applications works like a charm, then?
I went from 8 gigs to 32 gigs of ram. Made a major difference in performance. May be considered over kill but I look at it as future proofing. But even today I use all that ram when I have after effects, premiere and multiple tabs open at the same time. It's something I never have to worry about.

Back