What Causes This?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

Random HUGE spikes in certain videos. I've had a few videos break 1 million views and they've all happened like this. A dozen or so random bursts over the course of a month at random times during the day. The traffic is not external, it's coming from YouTube suggestions and recommends. Does YouTube randomly pull videos from the equation and them re up them at certain intervals? I just don't get it.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Here's what I've noticed, actually. A lot of older videos that weren't popular were suddenly pushed onto everyone's recommended. I've seen old vine videos, a re upload of a guy's stream where he falls asleep playing Zelda and the chat freaks out, and today, a grandfather walks into a guitar shop and performs a sick guitar solo. And this stuff was from years or a year ago. Even one of PewDiePie's way old videos was in a lot of recommendeds before. I think your video was one of the ones that got sucked into this cycle. As for what causes.. Your guess, my guess, anyone's guess, is the same as the guess of the person who comments on that video 'wtf why is this in my recommended YouTube!?!?!1/1'

Chris Raynerson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I can't tell you because you don't have your channel linked. If you did, I could probably give you an exact reason. But yet, maybe it's just got rushed on peoples recommended feeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.