What category should I place my YouTube Videos?

Pedro Nascimento

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey to you all, I am a travel vlogger and just recently I started thinking about the categories I'm putting my video on and just realized that I don't know which one is the right one.

Should I use TRAVEL & EVENTS or POPLE & BLOGS?

odabaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
This is something I would be interested in too. There's no real correct category for my niche, so the closest I could find was Gaming or Entertainment. If i choose Gaming, then it asks me to choose a Game from a list, so I couldn't use that. So entertainment it has been since then. Which always makes me wonder if that choice has hampered me in some way?

Could it be that choosing a smaller or less served category would then open you up to being suggested more often, or having some slight advantage in search results?

Take eBay listings for example: you list your product on the wrong category and it might not get viewed half as much, or make nearly as much at the till!

These are the things that keep me awake at night ;)

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the branding discussion forum. ^_^

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does labelling correctly your channel type actually affect your viewers? Some of these channel types arent all that different from others.

Kinan Media

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
TRAVEL & EVENTS or POPLE & BLOGS? I think if you select "people & blogs" this is the default given youtube and I think a lot of videos that use this category, but the benefits of this category is very wide but also many competitors, but if you choose "Travel & Event" more specific and the competition is not too much, but the viewership is more limited, that's all I think hopefully can help you make a choice.