What camera does everyone use?

vgjfelix

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I use a Panasonic SD90 which is fine but it records in some unfriendly formats for the video editing software I use (good old movie maker 2.6) so I lose a bit of quality when I edit, publish and upload.

vgjfelix

George Walker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
DSLR just makes everything look better with more clarity so I use one of the cheaper canon DSLRs, the 600d/T3i. It looks professional and the Canon EOS range take surprisingly good video. Come check me out ;)

Rizzwizz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
DSLR just makes everything look better with more clarity so I use one of the cheaper canon DSLRs, the 600d/T3i. It looks professional and the Canon EOS range take surprisingly good video. Come check me out ;)
Canon t3i is not in the best high ends DSLRs but it is still amazing! It has the ability to do so much. You just have to know how to get better and better. I saw ur stuff and it's good. Check out my videos to see how good this DSLR is at film-making.

Reactions: George Walker

George Walker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Canon t3i is not in the best high ends DSLRs but it is still amazing! It has the ability to do so much. You just have to know how to get better and better. I saw ur stuff and it's good. Check out my videos to see how good this DSLR is at film-making.
Will do my friend, i'll sub and watch regularly. And by the way, awesome camera.

chazzalyn

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've got a panasonic something or other :p The video's actually quite good straight off the camera, sadly I then have to put in in movie maker and it all goes downhill :p

George Walker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've got a panasonic something or other :p The video's actually quite good straight off the camera, sadly I then have to put in in movie maker and it all goes downhill :p
Switch from movie maker to Premiere Pro or Final Cut, and make sure you fix your render and export settings to match your camera settings.

chazzalyn

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Switch from movie maker to Premiere Pro or Final Cut, and make sure you fix your render and export settings to match your camera settings.
Oh I would love to, alas I am working on an ancient laptop and it just refuses to support anything decent :p (also I have no idea what I'm doing)
One day though, I will buy myself a pretty little mac and all will be well :p

Rizzwizz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
Yea try one of the good editing software. I use Sony Vegas Pro and hopefully move up to Premiere Pro soon. Once you get your hands on these software and learn even just the basics of it.. you'll notice your over all product would be much better.

chazzalyn

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yea try one of the good editing software. I use Sony Vegas Pro and hopefully move up to Premiere Pro soon. Once you get your hands on these software and learn even just the basics of it.. you'll notice your over all product would be much better.
I tried :'( Haha, nah my laptop won't support Vegas Pro or Premiere pro. I'm surprised it's still alive at all :p

George Walker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh I would love to, alas I am working on an ancient laptop and it just refuses to support anything decent :p (also I have no idea what I'm doing)
One day though, I will buy myself a pretty little mac and all will be well :p
The man speaks the truth, Premiere Pro is just super fast with OpenGL so it renders all the time and it works really well with after effects. Also I wouldnt recommend a Mac, I have one right now and they are really expensive; they have amazing graphics cards, an awesome operating system but a really small amount of RAM on the cheapest one. So get a really powerful pc for half the price, or pay loads for a good mac.